Re: Moped Army Soundtrack

I can’t even express how much I appreciate this thread and playlist.

It has brought so much music and culture in a short time. Stuff I never would have thought to look up or been exposed to in my daily life.

The family had dinner listening to some of these songs/bands last night. All good times.

Please, keep up the good work and keep sharing.

Here's a channel on youtube that I listen to a lot. Really great musicians and music. Personal favs are Sierra Ferrel, Nick Shoulders, Benjamin Todd/Three dog street band, Colter Wall, Molly Parden, and White Buffalo.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GemsOnVHS/videos

daan SJAARLOOS /

All added minus bas's playlist and complete YouTube channels. Bit to much work sorry. I love how this is all over the board. Guess like a lot of people here I'm into punkrock, hardcore and the like so it's nice to listen to some unknown music for a change instead of recycling the same old stuff.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4E5HTqXsOPzYFu0Jn3lxv4?si=rvg8zCFJRXaZJECwkptObQ (edited)

Khruangbin, king glizzer and the jizzer wizzer (AKA King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard), Roky Erikson, King Khan and The Shrines/BBQ, Ramones, Lee Hazlewood, The James Hunter Six, Mother Fuckin Motorhead!, Jerry Jeff Walker, Terry Allen, Tubeway Army, Gucci Mane, Thundercat, Sturgill Simpson, Devendra Banhart, Haruomi Hosono, Black Joe Luis and the Honeybears, real rock'n'roll like Little Richard, I'm going to get a MF DOOM tribute tattoo right next to my Marty Robbins one... a couple bands I'm really getting into recently is, A.Swayze and The Ghosts, Chicano Batman, and BADBADNOTGOOD

How messed up is it that about the only music I recognise and could agree on is Don Ohio's?

THERE'S NO GIRLS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD,' BREAK YER HEART LIKE VIRGINIA GIRLS

(edited)

Forgot this group, but I listen to them often when playing moped and they have a little more unique sound than other stuff I contributed earlier:

Shovels and Rope: "Evil", "Coping Mechanism", "Ohio" - all great tracks. Many more. I know I have shared other songs of theirs on MA.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

K whats the bike Spain or Portugal...

Is it weird that I also hear plenty of Herb Alpert and his Tiajuana Brass while I ride?

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> K whats the bike Spain or Portugal...

>

>

Its probably a Zundapp GTS50

If you're into space age hardcore, add my band Crab Action to your riding playlist! (sorry for the shameless plug)

https://crabaction.bandcamp.com/

I love 50s Rockabilly, 60s Beat bands, British Invasion bands, pre-Beatles British Rock'n Roll, Skiffle, 60s Surf US and UK bands, 50s Blues and suddenly 70s Disco.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of death metal, which I never imagined I would like. Normally I'm only big on thrash kinda stuff but I've been really digging bolt thrower, entombed, and dismember. Newer metal I'd recommend devil master's EP. If I'm working on bikes at the shop I really enjoy 60's bossa nova.

> Also a ton of indie crap: Elliot Smith, Belle and

> Sebastian, Vampire Weekend, Pile, Grandaddy, Mountain Goats, etc.

Hell yeah. I saw Elliot Smith a bunch of times, and got to have a drink with him briefly after a small acoustic show in Philly.

John prine

Panterra, done and done.

Whoever put that soundtrack together, props. That soundtrack is super fresh. Moped Army Soundtrack is dope!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I worked with the misfits.

Glenn danzig went to high school with me.

Danzig is an asshole though.

(edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

We all thought he was an undercover narcotics guy he tranfered in mid senior year. We treated him really f'd up.We might have made him the angry asshole he is today...

daan SJAARLOOS /

He might be an asshole but misfits were pretty shit without him. Love the old stuff hate the Jerry Only family fun experience

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It's was a side gig they worked @ OATS. I worked at the satellite plant with them before they broke.

Lady Kings are going to put out a moped rap ep.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I been stuck in a rut.

Rehashing the goodies...

daan SJAARLOOS /

♣Slew Foot♣ /

> Brian F Wrote:

> Hell yeah. I saw Elliot Smith a bunch of times, and got to have a drink

> with him briefly after a small acoustic show in Philly.

that's fucking awesome. me and a friend were going to see him here in Baltimore, but he (his girlfriend) offed himself a month before. made me regret all the missed shows.

pop punk. i wanna ride mopeds to fest in gainsville from portland. just listen to the dopamines the whole time

> Hugh Janus Wrote:

> If I'm working on bikes at the

> shop I really enjoy 60's bossa nova.

Yessss. It is the records I shop for most these days.

> daan SJAARLOOS Wrote:

> ^^^^all added. Thanks for the input.! Almost 19 hours now.

>

> https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4E5HTqXsOPzYFu0Jn3lxv4?si=pOKvyjRLS_uAzBweMrxqjg&utm_source=copy-link

This is a pretty heavy playlist honestly. Great job!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account