Jialing site-Gone?

Benny Mnich /

http://nopedguru.proboards26.com/index.cgi

I can't get the Jialing site today.

Jailing bankrupt

It was in Newsweek and Forbes Financial.

They got blindsided by a class action lawsuit from ambulance chasers. Apparently there were tons of injuries from the chinese parts falling off and locking up the front or rear wheel. Everyone connected through lawyers in Europe, England and US... bastard lawyers.

There was one kid who blew a piston through his leg when the engine went.

They couldn't get a response from Jailing, no comment.

I'm sure the site will be back up and look like business as usual but you should be able to find the bankrupcy stories on any of the big economic sites.

Jailing bankrupt

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Re: Jialing site-Gone?

FYI The Jialing site that was mentioned in the first post, was not the jialing website, it was a private forum made for free by proboards, the proboards are updating there server, and since the forum was free to make, they do not care if it gets shut down periodically, but about jialing going out of buisness, its a suprise to me, i have only heard good about there bikes, but i have ordered one and it will be here monday, ill let yall know.

Rest assured, my Jialing forum should return after ProBoards finishes their damn upgrade. I wish I would have just hosted the forums myself in the first place...

As for Jialing going bankrupt, this is news to me and I find it kind of hard to believe. Jialing is an established, productive company, they'd have to get hit pretty hard to be thrown out of business. Broderick: I ran a search and didn't find any Jialing related articles on Newsweek, could you post a link by any chance?

yeah No Sh#@ those chinese motors have been made unaltered basically sincethe 50's and billions of them in china-the chances of something going drastically wrong and causing bodily injury is actually less then with lets say a hayabusa?

Honda gave them the patnet to make the motors almost i dentical to hondas. Even most of the engine parts are replacable with hondas, i really odnt think that a few injurys can bring down jailing, there almost a part of honda.

\

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=jialing/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12999r0u9/EXP=1116175857/ -http%3A//www.honda.com.cn/product/2r/images/jialing.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=jialing/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12enc8taq/EXP=1116175950/ -http%3A//cq.xinhuanet.com/subject/zhengce/images/jialing.JPG

sorry, I couldn't help it. There wass this guy Tim, he's probably still around. We used to hammer on him about his Jailing and his posts about it.

it was all in good fun--- I like all small bikes and the Jailing is nice.

I knew it would get his goat-- and it isn't really a moped.. so posting about it is ok but it's like when I post about my scooter... I know I might get some guff.

cheers.

Thanks for the backup steamboat.. honda/jailing both going under... old news...

I'm laughing my ass off... !

ride safe.

Re: Jailing bankrupt

yeah honda wants to put the honda name on the motor ande sell them instead of the weedwacker rat trap motors they sell now because those ones werent selling and the jialings were so they going to market them under the honda name now

Broderick, can you tell us where you found the accusations about the parts falling off and the motor blowing?

Wayne you are such an ass hole. I searched the web after you lied about Jialing being in bankruptcy and found some info which I posted. You had better hope those lawyers you bad mouthed don't hook up with Jialing and sue your ass off. Jim.

Benny Mnich /

Thanks for the info. I also found this. It sounds like they will be building even better bikes.

http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050411.html

Honda and China Jialing Industrial Co. have also agreed to further strengthen their technological partnership in the motorcycle industry, which was established in 1981. Toward this end, the two companies will strengthen dialogue at the top management level, cooperate in areas including intellectual properties and environmental protection and strengthen relationships in various areas including manufacturing technologies, quality control, and human resource development. Moreover, Honda will add new models to be manufactured by China Jialing Industrial Co.

Thats what i like to here, i know jialing and honda have to much to loose

Sorry Jim,

If you knew the post.. it was almost 200 posts about a jailing... called "please don't dis my chinese bike" or something...

it was a running joke on the forum for a couple of months--- and long after that people would randomly say "hey, don't dis my bike" and it would get laughs.

I did say it was fact.. put that was playing off the fact that when the Jailings were first posted here people said exactly this:

"Chinese bikes are junk"

"the company will go under and you'll lose support and parts"

of course there were a lot of arguments.. and the end result was that it was a honda clone and a good bike.

But it's not a moped and it's made in china...so it took a lot of flack from almost all the regulars... people had bought them, asked about them and were told "uh oh, you're in trouble now....the steel will melt in the noonday sun"

If you're still mad I'm sorry.. I can link or bump the "don't dis my bike thread" and you'll see why it's so damn funny.

Sorry to freak out you Jailing owners... I knew a simple web search would prove me wrong... and I know if someone told me Tomos or Kymco went under I'd be googling right away....

just messin with the pseudo-moped from china,

Wayne

bump the post on the chinease bike! lol

well my chinese motos will out perform any 50cc moped and most kitted ones too-dont know of many puch or tomos that can smoke the tire on dry pavement with a rider sitting on the seat-my 80cc schwinn occ chopper can

1116091380_nutshaker7.jpg

Sorry to be an idiot. you regulars know I can't help it. here's the thread. I couldn't bump but I did start a topic-- I should have tagged it "OT"' 'cause I didn't 'bump' it for the bike content.. more like the humor in it.

< https://mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=167099&t=104676#reply> ;

If you'd been around when this thread was the top post for weeks... I swear, you'd find the hoax 'out of business' post funny as hell.

Jim-- if you think I was slanderous... you gotta skim this thread break> --- when you have a few hours-- it's really funny reading.

wayne

I like 'em

I like em-- said it a million times before. I like any well built small bike...

It's a slick machine and "moped or not" it gets registered as one in a lot of places.. that's pretty cool since keeping up with traffic is safer than riding outside it.

Don't turn this into a "chinese bikes are ok" thing. We got all kinds of updates from happy Jailing owners and they were racking up miles.

They're quality bikes-- no need to beat a dead horse--- they just took a lot of crap and I still think that's funny.

So don't tell me how cool your jailing is. I believe it. There's photos and everything in that thread--- and a lot of happy owners so, please, find the humor in the thread and don't argue about how good your bikes are-- I agree and I may end up adding one to my collection someday----

the giant thread is funny and the crap that was dished out to Tim and Jailing was funny too-- that's all.

wayne

Re: I like 'em

I find it very very funny, not only because of the joke from before, but because everybody got their panties in such a bunch when you said it, good job wayne

Re: I like 'em

dont get ur thong in a wedgee there ray just stating fact to someone who never even seen one that these motor are just as good quality or lack of.lol as any other pot metal motor out there

Don Pflueger /

why would a major corporation that builds top of the line engines want to stop making their own product, and put their name on a junk engine? not gonna happe.

honda makes the best engines in the lawn and garden industry next to acme.

i'm a certified honda tech by the way.

too late donny they are honda's already for 30 something years

Don Pflueger /

jailing is jialing. they are a joint venture with honda. not the same company tho.

ya but its HONDA-JIALING MOTORCYCLE DIVISION

Don Pflueger /

right. its a joint venture. alot of guys think these jialings are built by honda. but they are not. honda only helped in the design and developement of the engine.

http://www.jialing.com.cn/docs/highlight/coguide/history.html This is a history of Honda/Jialing agreement. Jim.

Benny Mnich /

All the big companys are doing joint ventures in China.

http://www.conway.com/ssinsider/snapshot/sf040301.htm

NANJING, China &#8211; Ford Motor Co. (www.ford.com), putting considerably more meat on the bones of its billion-dollar Chinese plans, will build a new car plant near the city of Nanjing in east China.

Likely a very large plant, the project will operate under the moniker of Changan Ford Automobile Corp., the 50-50 joint venture that Ford formed in 2001 with China's Changan Group. The Nanjing plant will be Changan Ford's second production operation. The joint venture opened its first manufacturing facility in January of 2003 in the southwest China city of Chongqing.

Benny Mnich /

GM does the same---

http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/global_operations/asia_pacific/chin.html

Joint Ventures and Other Operations in China:

Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. (Shanghai GM) is a 50-50 joint venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation Group (SAIC), a leading passenger car manufacturer in China. Shanghai GM was formed in June 1997.

GM has approximately 13,000 employees in China and operates seven joint ventures and two wholly owned foreign enterprises. It has participated in investment of over $2 billion in China. GM, along with its joint ventures, offers one of the broadest lineups of vehicles among foreign automakers in China. Products are sold under the Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Opel and Saab nameplates.

lol wonder if when the american auto makers learn to speak chinese what they'll say when they find out chev and ford are in cahoots with same engine manufacturer.lol

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account