New Hobbit build. Playmobil?!? Fisher Price!?! über pic heavy...

Wanted to build something from scratch, a bike to fit my short stature and would take long enough to make me take my time and do it right.

21m PHBG

Weak-ends intake

TrickMetric spacer

Some crazy 6 petal carbon reed block from Taiwan

DR kit

case matched and ported exhaust bottom end

hobbit super strong stuffy race crankshaft

MLM Peoples Pipe

slammed Indigan Hobbit seat

HPI w/ light coil

TT Regulator/Rectifier w/Relay -> LED happiness

Ballistics 12volt 4 amp battery, DAMN YOU light coil....

Lots and Lots of shrink tube'

Blue doplar springs 2k?

TJT - 3 blue 3 black

Prototype Mopagen progressive springs

BX40 Belt

fuck you Gazelles.

Top speed who knows.. take off, scary. Hits 40 before it starts to variate.

Opening it up a bit..

Super stuffy crank.

Philips heads are for losers

Back from paint.

yellow.

6 petals

Intake

Derby pedals clear all day

D-LUX light bracket and Pinto tank mount

DC is the new airbox

45-LED Tower Type 1156 from superbrightleds.com in sunset warm color.

with pirate custom lamp holder

SHRINK TUBE ALL THE THINGS!

Balistics battery in the Indigan seat .. pay no attention to to the horrible hack job on the mounts.

Electric diagram, in case you need to do this.

threw an instagram on it.

Thats it..that is all.. still tuning, but it's a beast. (edited)

Re: New Hobbit build. Playmobil?!? Fisher Price!?! über pic heavy...

holy shit... this thing is pretty damn cool

The seat mounts are pretty scary... and is that a treats rectifier? (edited)

Very Nice

Very cool. Tell me about the ballistics battery? Where you got it, amps and that stuff.

Thanks!!

daaaaayum girl.

That's really cool.

Kinda looks like Ronald mcdonalds moped.

I bet it rips.

The electric setup uses the battery from motorcycle superstore. The website is stupid, and it was a pain in the ass to actually just select the one I wanted. Part number is 100-009 motosuperstoresucksite.com is SKU: #357842

You can use any charger with it, however they sell a charger specific that will condition each of the cells in it. I can set the voltage and of the battery from like 6 to 13.6 volts when charging. It's 4.0 amps fo' power

I floated the ground off the HPI light coil and soldered another wire to the trail tech rectifier from treats. I ran the Hi-Low light switch instead to be lights on-off so I can "charge" the battery. However, the gains from that are yet to be seen. The HPI light coil sucks, and we all know that. Setup works without the battery, but the LED's flicker due to minimal power, and that is just annoying.

And for my own tears of shame, I hacked the seat mounts with a saws-all and a hammer, If I had done it right I would have just found someone with a welder and a grinder, but after the tears of shame follow my tears of loneliness.

yeah JBOT, I threw the red in after I couldn't find any yellow for the plastics to match the powder and kind of ran with it. ( wouldn't want to mix and match hues you know.. )

Used Montana paint. The red is really, really red. The paint is thick and lays really nice on the plastics after some prep.

† CH∆D † /

Great work Will. Nailed it! Hobbit drive-train plastics never fit better on any other bike!

Stefan Didizian /

So you are running the hpi lighting coil? Its not in the pics but listed in your diagram? And is it charging well? Nice build. Looks great! love the colors.

Yeah, I am running the HPI light coil, I would love another one, a better one, one that actually doesn't suck. I haven't done much extended testing on the voltage and if it will actually keep the battery charged. Voltage is voltage, and with the lights off, if you give back more than you take, who knows.

Stefan Didizian /

sweet looks good! keep on keeping on

I wanna hire you to do my Hobbits..... DAMN - nice job!

One of my favorite builds of the year so far. Awesome job, man. This bike is seriously hot!!

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Wow!

just

Wow!

Stay away from the zoo, the macaws are likely to break out and chase you down.

Nice work!

Thanks folks, I just wanted to build a bike I would be proud of. I kinda only cared a little if it would be fast, just wanted it to look good. Fourtunatly, if you buy a bunch of go fast parts, bike actually will go fast. I am still messing with timing jetting and temps, I know all my hobbit peeps want the details.

This is awesome! Just by lookin at it I would have guessed your priority's for the build would have been speed/function>appearance not the other way around.

I'm not a fan of the Marvel paint scheme at all.... but the rest of the build is excellent. Well done man.

Did that rectifier/regulator turn this into a DC system? I have no idea how electricals work.

Awesome Fucking build by the way. When are your clutch springs engaging? (edited)

Hey Savoie. Yeah. I just wanted to use the best parts I could. I mean, I polished evey bolt, wrapped every wire. Performace and looking good go hand in hand I guess. I suspect the bike will pretty fast. I have spent so much time making it pretty. Performance is soon to be the focus.

Hey Shawn. The rectifier turns half the bike into 12 volt DC to run the LEDs. Keep them from burning out.

I like the comic book comment. Originally it was gonna be black sparkle flake, paint shop had like 12 colors to chose from . It was 125 bucks , blasted Ana's painted. I went with the 2 primary's that looked best.

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Holy throttle cable, Batman!

lol Jimbo. Agreed. I could use a bendy. After messing with in frame hobbit carbs for a year, I am happy to just a carb I can get at.

Dominic Valentino /

dayum mang, nice work

King Drunky JCams /

Nice job. I'm betting that's fun as hell to ride...

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Awesome style, dude. I've been wanting to see that Indigan seat on an actual Hobbit for months. Looks good.

if this thing had some low-rise bars it would be perfect.

good job it looks good except those cables need some attention to complete it. and imo the tank looks out a little of place as it is the only thing that colour when everything else is colour matched. constructive criticism not hatin!

Just went out for a whirl…. man, having a bike that fits you is freaking awesome JCams. On a related note, I really am glad I hacked up that seat to drop it down, Another dude had a red and white hobbit w/ and Indigan seat. So much negative space between it and the bike. I am really short, like 5'4". Dropping all that makes it really comfortable as hell.

With regard to the tank… I debated to no end if I was gonna paint it. I had polished it down to almost acceptable levels. Last owner had taken like a belt sander to get the paint off, across the grain. It was brutal. After getting it all shiny I really wanted to keep it. in the end I just threw some clear coat on it so it wouldn't rust.

You are not the first person to provide some constructive feedback on the tank color.

I was thinking a big decal on the side…. Saying like… " POW! " or some such nonsense.

Or just red.

….. and the tuning games begin, need to drop the roller weight, lean out the mid, retard the timing a scoach. blah blah… not enough hours in the day ….

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Nice work. Are you kicking that carb or trippin on the throttle cable yet.

With the massive reed block. Your jetting will be a little higher. I have a very similar set-up. I broke in with 106 (it was february) and ended up at a 96 jet. Responsive yet keeps temps at bay. High 300's 425-35 after long blasts.

Good luck with the tuning

looking back at the pictures im liking the tank lol, if the tank was the blue, red, or yellow it would look like someone trying to hard to colour match their fixie but black could be nice to match the seat and not out do-it. Batman style action graphic thing would be awesome as a decal and work w/ the super hero thing and would be funny to do it with BRAAP

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account