Re: New Hobbit build. Playmobil?!? Fisher Price!?! über pic heavy...

So spaced out the bottom, and 'pushed' the tank up to the c cup bracket. It was really straight forward... Get it, straight FORWARD. ...

It was much easier and more elegant than other options, and the bracket at the bottom just uses a tube spacer to keep it square.... Let me find a picture...

Here

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures and explanation. I agree looked easier and more elegant than the original tank and some other top tanks. I really like the look, should be able to do it once I locate a tank.

Yes That Will Parrish bike I never saw coming. It was always going out in front of me.

Takes off like a dragster. But it doesn't surprise what with all that Hasbro and Play Doh money backing him on the build.

I used the Pinto tank as well on my Afghanistan Hobbit after I saw his build.

Only difference , I used the bottom stock mounting thread boss and built a bracket for the top. Yes try to get the gas cap as level as possible so you can fully utilize the tanks capacity with no seeping issues.

The top bracket I welded onto the frame just because I had a welder but you could easily drill a 1/4 inch hole and use a 2" bolt with nylock nut to hold it on.

I like to use rubber sink washers to protect the bolts from cracking out the tank mounting holes. I for sure dont want to paint his tank again and lose my original art.

Another nice build cheetah. Thanks for sharing your mod. I think that is a little cleaner with the bracket hidden by the tank. Now if I can just find a tank.....

Cheetah be hating....

In reality, your bike was inspiration for mine!!!!

you inspired me to go out find some big money sponsors and get er done....

One day, one day I'll ride again. Sorry for double posting the same damn picture, I totally nerfed that.

It's easy to do, and it really works well with hobbits , looks boss. My favorite part is how the tank and headlight bucket are so similar shaped, they line up so well.

Hi JBOT !!!! I know your kreeeping !!!

image.png

I want to know why I am on the interneeeeeeeeetttttttttttrtt

I have so many pics of you and your bike you have never seen.

I Rembrandt when it was plumbed like that. No flow. So much better now.

I have always appreciated your photographic skills.

Mike Paragone /

Bump. I rode this beast a few years back. Will was so kind to let me have a go. What a fuckin rush. Best moped I’ve ever been on.

It’s It’s still a beast... I’ve taken to riding stock hobbits with surfboard racks these days tho! I hope all my moped peeps are well.

299B87C0-E168-4242-8F9E-1DA210F628DC.jpeg

wow a hobbit with a longboard. I have considered doing the same but have been worried it would be hard to ride with that big sail. Are you able to ride it without dinging the board much?

The first time you scrape the rail you grab the Solareez and fix it up right.

The second time you just feel ashamed you forgot the first.

It’s not so bad. The Moved By Bikes rack has adjustable sections all over it and makes it easy to get it at the right height.

Wind can be terrifying though...

Better shot of the clearance Clarence

E392732F-1B6C-4AB8-9AC2-FBE4E4B8258F.jpeg

Good to see you’re still around and riding mopeds! Play Mobil is still one of my favs

I miss u bubbie

Mike Paragone /

Woah!

Awwww I hope you’re well Jbot! Mucho love 4 u.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account