Re: Derbis riding across the Trans America Trail...!

Images weren't loading on mine for some reason

Congrats mang! I know it wasn't easy, hope it put a smile on your face as big as the one it's put on mine just following along with the trek

Mr BadDadsClub /

awe inpiring and impressive!

Amazing great work!

matt boda1nz /

Nice work man!! That's great!!!!

very impressive the last of the Mohicans.

the whole moped culture is about self punishment i quess. out of pinball and tat, plus Mississippi run this year 1 in 10/20 makes it to the end

So is the take home message that reliability for long distances is enhanced with a water cooled solution?

matt boda1nz /

dude has a legit build.. nice man.

yea that things sick. to be fair i had some doubts after seeing how hard that thing revved and how much it rode on the clutch (also a little overheating steam expulsion in denver before beginning?)

but damn it's such a sick build and really rad that it survived it.

The dirt bike that the engine came off is the sickest thing I ever rode. I was drunk and couldn't get past 1/4 throttle.

I had my doubts too. In all honesty I finished the build at 11pm the night we put in on the car to leave for denver. I had no idea what the tuning would be like when we got there. The steam was because I was running a bit lean and I was riding 3 up with no air flow over the radiators.

Yes, there were many lessons learned. Like, in a pinch wool socks shoved into your air box can richen up the mix by a jet or two. Also, yes water cooled set up saved the engine several times. There were days when we were riding over several mountain ranges and the altitude varied by 4,000 feet and you don't want to pull over every mile and re jet.

Over all, it was hard and stressful; but Im really glad we did it. I got to see parts of the country I had never been to before. Amazing views, amazing trails.

Today we are heading up to portland if anyone up there wants to hand out and ride.

Next time ride the TwinBatavus..;)

I should put that back on the stand when I get back.

Congrats Will!

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Nice job Brett!

Stop in on your way home!

yeah, congrats to brett, him and jessie are pretty much moving to Portland now, i convinced them.

Congrats!

Convince me!

Bring this back. Just went down a rabbit hole re reading the blog posts. Mopeds use to be cool.

This was a cool time for sure. Dem Boyz went hard on this one.

Blast from the past, I vaguely remember the stories.

campeona del mundo /

this was fun.

so many good stories, good people, this trip and the 1st pinball had me glued to my computer waiting for the next update, I cant remember much i was more excited about.

still amazed that lil dirtbike clutch survived, i used a similar motor on a moped and did not get very far without needing a new clutch.

bretts bike and alex's bike from this are still some of my absolute top builds ever, and so much more rad for how unquestionably proven they are

All I can remember is Shawn leaving his Derbi at some dude's farm. Think he gave it away?

He left it in a bush and come back for it months later.

haha with the legendary lost blue baffle, i remember everyone in denver talking about going to hunt down the blue baffle

yeah dudes. mores crazy adventures like this plz!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account