Supercharged Tomos

Looks like someone with some reasonable experience built it and it has loads of fancy name parts. Who built this, and how fast does it go?

Re: Supercharged Tomos

lol

been following this dude on fb....still waiting for him to post any speed let alone top speed.....I think he ran it for a half a block....Jim Rees style

holly shit $5k yea not gonna happen

Yeah... this dude and this bike are definitely questionable. He had it just kitted, then "totaled it" (bent up the forks) and proceed to go nuts all over bike and the motor, seemingly without any knowledge of 2 strokes and how they work. First it was a battery powered oil cooler (which i'm not sure he ever finished making work) now it's all about this tiny supercharger he hooked up on the flywheel side.

I have to say though, it seems like he is kinda doing it OK. He is at least trying to get it figured out, and I can't knock a guy too hard for trying something unconventional, even if that something seems pretty dumb and a waste of time. It does seem like he spends a whole lot of time making sure it looks pretty without even knowing if it will ever work right.

Oh, and sticking fucking Ducati stickers all over what we all know is just a stupid fucking moped in an attempt to make it look cool makes it pretty obvious that he doesn't understand mopeds.

Wait, I just noticed the link to the CL ad. Yeah, looks like he gave up on it. Never truly run, never proven, what a puss.

^ hahaha Jake is drunk!

FRONT BRAKES? WHERE HE IS GOING HE DOESNT NEED FRONT BRAKES!

I've been skeptical of the 'mono shock' the entire time

and really couldn't agree more on the duc decals, pretty lame

I cant figure out how to post facebook videos :(

Not a fan. Build a motorcycle, then. Get a Ducati.

That hydraulic looking pump looks like a pressure washer...ha-ha...

That thing also looks like it would eat gravel every time he turns left...

What everyone else said, never proven. I told him what it needs to actually function properly and he ignored me. Hopefully he sits on it long enough to decide to part it out.

Of note - he dropped $560 on a Hammer set last week.

I need to see a video of it running to be impressed…nice attempt though ha

Dirty30 Dillon /

Followed this for one day on IG, then unfollowed because I don't have the stomach for 4-10 posing shots all in a row on my feed.

Glad to hear it's never going to get finished lol

Obviously doesn't know what chain tensioning is... I think he intends to use the chain as a jump rope.

Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Followed this for one day on IG, then unfollowed

> because I don't have the stomach for 4-10 posing

> shots all in a row on my feed.

>

> Glad to hear it's never going to get finished lol

I made the same mistake. Although, I don't think it's the spam posting that bothers me as much as the way every single piece bolted or screwed to the bike has a Ducati sticker on it. I might bet even the brake levers have a mark somewhere..

I always wanted to hook up a lot of very fancy looking but otherwise useless stuff to a moped and sell it to a random dude just because he would never be able to figure out what any of it was when it stopped working. He'd look at the manual and none of those parts would be there but he would try to fix them anyways, even though they didnt do anything to help the bike run. Sort of a long troll idea really.

ohhhhh the long troll

that'll gitcha !

TOO MUCH POWER!

Tyler Dead Possums /

it was only a matter of time

He should pull all of that shit off, put the dual shocks back on, stock A35 with a pipe and sell it for 500-600, part out the rest.

I love the idea. Just doing something for the sake of doing it is always a great reason. I mean, nothing great ever came about by only building things that have already been proven to work. It would be fun to tinker with and get a supercharger to just run. Let alone haul ass! Alas, most of the people who attempt it arent moped people. So when the finicky aspects of these fickle little bike rear their heads they always just quit and post it on Craigslist...

If the Dutch kids haven't got this shit on the drag stops by now, it doesn't make your bike faster.

Overpriced Parts /

Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I love the idea. Just doing something for the sake

> of doing it is always a great reason. I mean,

> nothing great ever came about by only building

> things that have already been proven to work. It

> would be fun to tinker with and get a supercharger

> to just run. Let alone haul ass! Alas, most of

> the people who attempt it arent moped people. So

> when the finicky aspects of these fickle little

> bike rear their heads they always just quit and

> post it on Craigslist...

>

>

> If the Dutch kids haven't got this shit on the

> drag stops by now, it doesn't make your bike

> faster.

Yes this ^ because The expansion chamber/exhaust pipe is the supercharger!

Wet shot NOS ! Now that is something worth pursuing!

I used small dry shot nos on a stock bike (just on take off) for a good gain and no seize but to engineer a kitted bike with a big wet shot of NOS would be great.

Its just mopeds. Blow that shit up, it's fun. A lot cheaper than building just about anything else. I think gopeds are even more expensive. Taking mopeds seriously and hating on other people for their builds is like criticizing flavors of Jolly Ranchers. Apple or die fucker.

I want to see more broken chains, stripped sprockets, exploded gears, shredded clutches, smoking tires, blood, sweat, tears, and boners.

boosted crankcase inducted two strokes are redundant and pointless.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account