Moped races in Zwolle

We had "moped" races in my town (Zwolle, the Netherlands) this weekend.

For the first time in years they decided to have the puch maxi class again.

Ive taken a bunch of pics, but so did the Boulevard Burglars And its easier to link to theirs as i took almost the same pics.

They also made a video of the race, with a crash somewhere around 10 minutes

Re: Moped races in Zwolle

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

Nice, what made them bring back the Maxi class? Happy to hear that moped racing is making some resurgence outside the US as well.

The SOBW mainly focusses on light motorcycle (125cc) racing these days (and a scooter class) the maxi class was more of a filler for the day. Theres still is a lot of puch maxi racing going on throughout the Netherlands, but no official competition just local races with little to no rules. Saturday 50cc and 70cc raced together but noone really minded as theyre just glad to be able to race.

oranjepuch2.jpg
pucjes.jpg
zelfbouw3.jpg

puchshgop.jpg
dkwrt139-1.jpg
bmwzelf.jpg

10:40 is the crash (Where you should start watching for the crash) (edited)

Here's a video i took of the races

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

the fuck is going on with that orange maxi? it looks like it's got an HPI and a Tomar clutch on the same side? Case inducted? WHAAAAAAA???

Its indeed case inducted with the clutch next to the ignition. Dont know what type of clutch he had, bit it was the weirdest puch at the races.

That tall dude in grey can blast.

More info on the BMW ? I see Krauser 4 valve heads, a $2000.00 Gremica front brake, Vintage electronic ignition, early R80GS or ST final drive and shock. They look like Ceriani Forks, a beautiful nickle plated custom frame, Borani rims, and I would like to see more of that exhaust. Oh, and don't forget the road race oil pan. They look like Dellorto carbs, but that is the only bad thing I see on the bike.

You already know more than i do, the frame is indeed custom and the carbs are dellorto. I have some more pics i can post when i get home from work.

That is actually a great idea for the tomar clutch on the outside.

Maize BLK Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That is actually a great idea for the tomar clutch

> on the outside.

They already have bells with sprokets on em, so that makes sense, the only issue I see is the clutch deigned to stall from 9-16k, and a "10k" stall at the crank is only a 2k stall at the sprocket. They must be running some super weak springs? Anyways, that bike is amazing, and that is a clever rear clutch design.

That track looks narrow and fun!

T y l e r Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Maize BLK Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > That is actually a great idea for the tomar

> clutch

> > on the outside.

>

> They already have bells with sprokets on em, so

> that makes sense, the only issue I see is the

> clutch deigned to stall from 9-16k, and a "10k"

> stall at the crank is only a 2k stall at the

> sprocket. They must be running some super weak

> springs? Anyways, that bike is amazing, and that

> is a clever rear clutch design.

yeah, the stall is a really good point. I wonder how it stalled.

Here's the side of the bmw with a little better view of the exhaust, and 5 more puch related pix (there were a few dozen maxi's there, so i didnt take any pix of the scooters and 125cc racers)

bmwtwee.jpg
2puchs.jpg
Sloot.jpg

one guy (that was not racing) made bicycle style brakes on the front of his almost completely self built puch (the top tank in one of the first pics)

Voorrem.jpg
tweebb.jpg
tweedudes.jpg

Probably Fred /

Very cool, good pictures

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to post & embed the great photos you took.

Bump cause some how I missed this in in 2015 and that Tomar dry clutch is sick.

Just more NO-PEDS calling themselves by the glorious, oft sought after name of true MO-PEDS. LOL!

Dum Ohio

Hey! I've got it! Let's start calling them Pseudo-PEDS you know, after Sudafed? LOL! I've coined that and Ima gonna use it from now on when you NO-PED boys get outta hand! HaHaHaaaa!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just more NO-PEDS calling themselves by the glorious, oft sought after

> name of true MO-PEDS. LOL!

Every moped that was originally built with pedals, including 50 shifties are all mopeds, a moped does not become something else when you take the pedals off. But i don't expect you to grasp this Don, no worries.

Bump so I'll remember to post some more pics

The pictures i found turn out to be pretty rubbish so here's a video.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Once again Bas is posting up videos and links of how awesome his part of the world is!!

But really, thanks for taking the time to share. Looked like a lot of fun, im jealous. None of my shows / events are happening this year.

These are all old pictures, i just remembered it because these moped races used to be in September. The organisation of these races disbanded a few years back and the Puchshop races that came in its place don't use the track in my town unfortunately.

Sander Mulder /

next race in Staphorst, next week on saturday, havent finished my moped yet, so i wont compete

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account