Motobee RS100... any info?

So, I have a 1977 Motobee RS100 with 250 miles. Bike runs fantastic (considering the last time it was registered was in '86). After doing all the research I can, I've gotten very little to no info on them. I do not believe there were many made (or many still exist). It also seems they all came from Maine, as the original plate on mine was from Maine, as well as the plates on the very few I saw on Google. Does anyone have info on these? Are they worth much? Thanks!

Re: Motobee RS100... any info?

Andrew Squiggman /

i have seen 2 of these pop up on maine craigslist over the last 5 years or so. both were blue/ silver.

yours seems to be in better shape. they look tiny.

From what I can gather, they only came in red or blue. Do you happen to remember how much they were going for?

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ /

Observation....

frame looks VERY AMF Minarelli.

Don't know what this means, if anything.

Andrew Squiggman /

they were always trying to get like 300 or so, but they lived way up in Aroostook county. that is the end of the world where nobody lives. I doubt they ever ended up selling for that much. probably ended up getting swapped or sold for 50 bucks.

I do believe the frame was used on many mopeds. As well as the Minarelli V1. It seems all they do with a lot of peds is change the gas tank and/or decals.

Costa Chalpara /

That one is the one I just sold. I was going to keep it but I wanted to put hydro EBR and a disc brake on my Korado so I sold it.

No, it's not... If I lived a little closer I'd probably have gotten it haha. (edited)

myronsmopeds.com is the only place I've found any info... its a minarelli v1 motor and its basically a Testi Gitane with a different gas tank and speedometer... im currently looking for a replacement gas tank that isn't rusted through...

Hope this helps someone looking for info i. The future...

Screenshot_20200625-205103_Chrome.jpg

hell yea that's a beauty. V1 motor is about all you need to know for most stuff, anything else is pretty interchangeable with other italian tube frame bikes. myrons is a great trove of info

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Yeah Minarelli basically said "we make the engine you make the rest"

So you'll see Testi frames, Bianchi Frames, Ciamatti frames, General frames, etc... But they all are mostly interchangeable

Also pro tip: Most Tomos body stuff (bolts, wheels, chain tensioners, sprockets..) usually also fits (specifically fork/headset stuff)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account