Re: Ketchup and Mustard Race Build Thread

57F84593-7A99-4018-8760-B6535D3191A6.jpeg

Anyone have some white Bidalot stickers kicking around they would sell me?

> Mitchell Hoover Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Fuck yea, im copying that seat foam! Rad thread dude! Yours is looking

> killer!

Thank man I’m just one of the people trying to bring it back to it’s glory. Mouse pad was definitely not my idea but it was a good one. I think I got them for like 2 bucks each on eBay? I used a lighter to singe the edges where I cut the pad. The old one was coming apart. Idk if it will help but it may. Happy to make some progress on this thing.

Mitchell Hoover /

Yea man, looking sick af. I know where you can get some Bidalot stickers, a website in france called VSX France. They have some

Thanks I got a set coming....

Fun seeing this get bumped, 21 will be the year of "you had a whole fuckin year of covid to figure this out and it still isn't done?" Builds.

Graham that is exactly what I was thinking last night🤣 I’m like shit....I had a year and I’m only 75% done!

Suppose to rain the next four days here. Soooo I am Hoping to get the bushings changed out and the rear tire mounted and clutch pulley back in.

Yeah dude same here, I was out of work most of the summer and still didn't get as far as I wanted. On the other hand I haven't ridden much so everything has been staying fixed whereas normally I'd be rallying and breaking stuff more.

Do the "speed holes" in your brake play help that much with cooling? Do the brakes get that hot through a race? Super killer build my guy!

I pulled a bike out this week too! This one is famed for that you tube video of it losing a drag race to the variated e50 in front of 1977’s old shop. Man it was a pile when I got it, had been owned by several people who had no idea wtf they were doing. Somehow it just had a broken ring and the front sprocket had been lost at some point, but unfortunately a 45.5x1.2mm ring is literally the hardest thing on the planet to find. I have done so much work to it, it’s barely the same bike anymore. It weighs so god damn much though, I wish it didn’t have heavy ass steel wheels and a 50lb frame. The damn thing must be like 150lbs

BB083327-6B9C-426B-BE2F-803B09613562.jpeg

Also I’m post 69 (edited)

Why is it that

Used racebike= lots of expensive parts + tons of time - ring ding noises = garbage

Woah, I think it is. You’re the man Nate! After looking at the piston closely I don’t think it will work again, the lowe ring land is pretty worn from running with a broken ring for years. It’s worth the $20 try before I keep it on the shelves forever. (edited)

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do the "speed holes" in your brake play help that much with cooling? Do

> the brakes get that hot through a race? Super killer build my guy!

I had a lelue hubs on my race bike, which weighs about half of what this one's gonna weigh. The hubs would be almost too hot to touch after ten laps, and squeal when I pull into the pits.

The holes work a little, but I went to a vintage 7" vented racing drum up front, and that made a big difference.

Nice Daniel I have watched that Video a bunch of times. Those 5 Stars are like Bricks. Those are definitely wheels that look cooler than what they are. That steel cross bar looks thick too. Probably weighs as much as the frame. Definitely a cool bike. Hope it will run after a ring swap.

E607306A-F8A7-46A4-9427-5C87E9CEADB0.jpeg
B36DD056-C705-4725-9E92-DF130796BFB5.jpeg

Made some number plates. What a wast of time...haha this took forever.

C66400E5-3DFA-4175-8210-03B1B664060F.jpeg
53E34459-663D-4705-9EE7-4488D9BED572.jpeg
67436E63-2FAD-4D06-88C1-5990EA29A540.jpeg

The front faring was a pain in the ass. Even with a hair dryer and a credit card it was like trying to wrap a basketball. Some minor lines and bubbles but it will do.

Mitchell Hoover /

Diy stuff is never perfect, everything is looking stellar.

1A424B4C-0BE3-49BF-BC30-AD10E6BF1D84.jpeg
05C0837D-4D76-44B3-9DBB-791F9B848A52.jpeg

Well I spent a lot of time playing with stickers 🤷🏼‍♂️

Got rear tire mounted, chain on, new rear brake pads and pulley serviced. We have a roller.

This has been a slow process...

Hope I can have the motor done in the next couple weeks if work doesn’t consume all my time.....like it has for the last year.

Mitchell Hoover /

Looking..... SEX-C!!! What tires you go with, cant tell.

Oh yes! Very nice man!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account