Stolen Batavus

Stolen yellow Batavus Starflite in midtown Sacramento. Fence boards ripped out and stolen from yard. Stock except low bars and a missing mag cap. A few other descriptors if you think you’ve seen it that can only be noticed up close. Any leads welcome. I haven’t seen another bright yellow Starflite in Sacramento so if you see one, there’s a good chance it’s mine (no guarantee obviously).

93D814CB-61E3-4025-8F15-45DE8C6F2D2D.jpeg
20ADFC21-144F-4B47-8005-010A9940C19C.png

Re: Stolen Batavus

);

Damn it!! Freakin assholes took out the fence also. Hopefully you get it back.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Looks like they were on the fence about it.....

Sorry, I had to. Hope you get it back and that they get what's coming to em

Yeah I don’t know any other yellow starflites around. Hopefully someone spots it ASAP! Is it titled in your name? Police report filed?

Is it titled in your name? Police report filed?

Yes I was wondering the same thing. I see the bike has a plate in one pic but then not in another.

Here's the scenario I worry about: I see this very same bike someplace and call cops. Cops say," we have no report of this bike being stolen." "Stop calling us and wasting public resources."

Valid concern. Police report was filed and also have a cop friend who is planning on coming by my neighborhood and knocking on some doors - getting a read on some people, checking to see if anybody has security cameras, and also just generally warning them of a fence wrecking bandit. The problem I’m running into, and that the cop stated, is that the plate was taken off while parked in midtown and I put off getting replacements. Without plates, cops won’t be able to quickly recognize the bike as mine and would have to search for the VIN up close so probably won’t discover it without a tip. Honestly, they’d be a fool for riding it around locally or trying to sell it - I’m sure they’ve seen my ample postings thus far and will hopefully dump it somewhere for someone to spot and pick up.

Check with tow yards, it may have been abandoned and picked up. Also, check any nearby homeless encampments, pass out flyers with a reward, does not have to be huge, have a pic obviously, somebody knows somebody trying to start this odd yellow motorcycle we stole the other night....no honor among thieves. Put the word out at scrap yards too, offer some$ for a tip/phone call. Be seen searching for the bike.

Great job Emily. I ride every day in my area. I hope I see this bike. Pretty sure its not going to out run my super mods.

Russell Huddy /

I’ll have eyes out in east sac. Someone broke my fence and took my kreidler a couple months ago. This is 4 bikes that I know of stolen in the area since may

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Check with tow yards, it may have been abandoned and picked up. Also,

> check any nearby homeless encampments, pass out flyers with a reward,

> does not have to be huge, have a pic obviously, somebody knows somebody

> trying to start this odd yellow motorcycle we stole the other

> night....no honor among thieves. Put the word out at scrap yards too,

> offer some$ for a tip/phone call. Be seen searching for the bike.

This^^

Here is what I did and I got mine back in six days.

Get one 8x12 color pic made, use sharpie to write out message, then have 50 copies made and go on a meet and greet mission hanging them everywhere (with permission of course).

Fed-ex Office and kinkos had best prices on copies whereas Walgreens and CVS were high.

Btw phone number is no longer mine.

20170714_233923.jpg

(edited)

Any luck turning this up?

Nope. Have had a few tips which get my hopes up but then I go to follow up and they’re either yellow Vespas or yellow bikes with small motors on them. It’s only been a week but I don’t know how much longer I can last without getting back on the road.

I’ve been checking out alleys and suspicious areas while I’m out and about for yours and other missing bikes.

Hopefully we will find something!

Thank you!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account