Question pertaining to rarity and story behind the 1980 Pepi V1 Moped

Hi all,

I just came across a 1980 Pepi V1 Moped in my travels and would be grateful for any information you all may have about it.

What I think I know:

Although there were plenty of this type of moped manufactured my preliminary research tells me there were only about 20/30 of these made of the Pepi branding?

At first I thought there was some kind of obscure tie in to Timberland Boots (some sort of promotion etc..) but I found that it was manufactured by now defunct Timberland Machinery company out of New Hampshire that was acquired by Turf Products Corporation.

I would also like to know how easy it is to come across parts, how they are to ride and how service friendly they are.

Thanks!(edited)

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Re: Question pertaining to rarity and story behind the 1980 Pepi V1 Moped

Dirty30 Dillon /

Not incredibly rare. I have owned one, and seen like 3-4 more.

Late model Minarelli V1 motor, and nice appointments otherwise. Timberland just imported these, they were not built there as far as I know.

That's good information to have! Thank you!

It is identical to the Concord XKE, also known as the Fantic Motor Concord

Very ok ped but whoever wrote they are rare lived in a cave. I have owned double digits and seen many times more Pepis The top tank version is really nice. V1 is one of the most trusted motors as well

That's fantastic regarding reliability! Thank you for the info!

Wow! Just saw the top tank model you referred to and I'm liking it! The one I got is going to be for the girl so she can do her short commute to work within the city so the female styled bike-like framing with the gas tank on the vertical will be ideally suited.

Thanks again!

You'll have no problem generally finding parts for Minarelli motors, they came on dozens of different mopeds and there's a lot of aftermarket parts for them. You familiar with treatland or doscycles for parts? Slap an aftermarket jammy pipe on and upjet for her so she has a little more pep..

Clean and complete bike yall have there with dope mag wheels, rare or not

Emilio Hobbit /

Thanks for the info! I just picked one up a few months ago finally started working on it. Fired right up, no idle though.

20190527_162729.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account