Re: Amstar Nostalgia 49cc

This is the only free connection do the wires go to it?

E0A151EC-FB3A-4E99-9B74-EDF1C70B0DAA.jpeg

Hi there guys! I have noticed there are some “un-used” wires in the harness. The Amstar seems to use universal parts from all over and that includes the wire harness. It’s fair to say to leave the unused cables alone. If your simply replacing something such as horn/light be sure to use tape and mark your wire so you can reconnect it to the new wire... sometimes I forget too tho and have to use a lightbulb to figure out which wire has current since I don’t have one of those fancy tools with the lil box and wires to check current. But I’m sure you can get that tool at Walmart....in conclusion worst case scenario just google “Lifan wire harness diagram” Or “Honda ct70 wire harness diagram” or even better just trace the wire back and do some trial and error. Hope this helps sorry wiring is so complicated

Hi I’m new to this forum and I just bought the Amstar Rocky 49. I already bought the CDI and the only other change that I want to do the front sprocket. I will put the 16. What is the width Of the one you bought? 420? 428?

428....it’ll say it on the gear...this number is also the “chain size” not to be confused with chain length (it’s the specific gap space in the chain) sorry for the long explanation but it’s a good FYI..... so Yehh you’ll need a 428 and to be sure just look at your current front sprocket and itll be stamped on there

Thank you Andy. The bike should be here today which is sooner than I thought. I’ll confirm once is here. Thank you!

Yours came with a 14 tooth right?

Yehh mine came with a 14 tooth. I swapped to 17 tooth which by the way is the largest that will fit on the front sprocket otherwise you’ll hit the engine casing.

Also each tooth on the front sprocket is equivalent to adding 3-4 teeth on rear sprocket

ie. 1=3-4ish

Natasha Hernandez /

Had a flat tire again in the real. Called my local dealership and he said they had no stock coming in from China right now. Basically I had to buy everything for them and they were able to change the tire. Still charged me the $75 in labor. 😒 Asked about getting a new speedometer since mine is broken and and a new headlight casing. No and no from the dealer. Anyone have any luck with buying these online?

"in the real"? I find it very odd that you can't get parts for a 2018 bike, yet I can get almost anything I want for a 42 year old Honda? Let this be a lesson to anyone looking at one of these things, they look neat, but look how much has gone wrong already, no way that thing will make it 40 yrs, prob not even 4.

some of those honda clones come hooked up with gear wiring that outputs daa to a dash or whatever to show the gear it's in, and it's like a half dozen extra wires that on most things do nada

Your tripping, if your hating then hop off the forum. It wasn’t meant for you. I found everything perfectly fine off of RevZilla, amazon, YouTube, and kepspeed. Don’t read a sentence or two and base your facts. If ppl don’t know that is what the forum is for. It’s for ppl who know to enlighten the new. There’s no place for ignorance. This is a place for ppl to learn not for haters who wanna stunt there two cents.

If that junk is still running in 4 yrs, come on back! :)

Hey Natasha I’m sorry you had to pay so much for your tire. It may seem daunting at first but there are plenty of YouTube videos that’ll help you learn to do it yourself! It really helped me. I was lucky my local bicycle store and local auto sports store had spare inner tubes. Inner tubes should be just a size down from your tire ie, 4.00x17 tire should get a 3.50-4.00 inner tube. The tire treading itself should be fine as long as you pull out the puncture and put a new inner tube.rim tape usually stays in tact. I’ll be honest it took me an hour the first time but it felt great afterwards.

Also sometimes the gear in the front tire gets jammed which may affect your speedometer. Taking off the front wheel isn’t too hard. And you’ll see how everything fits together it’ll shock you how simple the mechanism is and how the brake pads fit in there too!

Dirty30 Dillon /

I can't believe SEO still keeps bringing first time posters in here for this bike.

The internet is fucking weird.

And also guys I’m totally committed to this bike. I won’t lie this whole project is a learning process for me as well. I started this forum to learn from the veterans on this page. Irony is we are all learning this together so I hope my mistakes help y’all as well.... I bent my rims when I was drunk and hit a pot hole. I had took a hammer to them and realigned them a bit. I switched my cdi box, I swapped my front sprocket, I broke my Brake light recently and got an led strip from auto zone. Learned to connect the wires with connectors and heat wrap. Learned to change the oil and clean a carburetor on YouTube. Took apart my speedometer and the speedometer gear inside the front wheel and fixed that. FYI it’s typically the gear inside the wheel, the clip slipped out so I took it out realigned it with a hammer and put it back in. Also don’t take apart your speedometer it’s better to get a new one and usually isn’t the problem anyways. Changed my headlight with some Phillips 150% brighter ones from amazon. The size is on the side of the bulb. And changed my t-bar handles to clubman bars using riser clamps and Home Depot spacers to fit. And I still gotta swap my front forks, fit my fat wheels, and extended swing arm. So yes guys we in this shit

I really enjoy this thread, watching someone go through all the same growing pains and aesthetic choices etc, learning and making shit work. Honestly making dumb shit fit is all im here for anyway. I got alotta hate for the china clone motors especially when its the copout option instead of fixing something cool and old, but this is totally part of where mopeds are going. when this shits arent running in 4 years or whateevr, which for less diligent riders they likely wont be, we can scoop em up and keep doing dumb shit widdem

Just got the Amstar Rocky. Really excited! This thread has been super helpful in the last few days since I got it. Mechanical tips, morale support, I laughed, I cried, I also removed the transmission drain cap accidently and the spring and rod popped out, it's been great. Thanks.

I ordered the CDI that was recommended hoping it will juice my ride as you all have described. It seems like the biggest issue I have at the moment is, having the bike crap out on me somewhat randomly when I accelerate from stopping in first gear. Most times I am alright, other times, I just putter forward and sometimes stall out completely. Almost like I am running low on fuel but am totally full. Anyone else have this experience?

Also its clear to me the intake is being strangled at the stock air filter. Anytime I give too much throttle I can hear the popping, like gasping for air. I am not looking to change out the whole carburetor just yet but didnt know if people have had any luck just swapping out the filter it came with for a higher performing type? Or should I just rip the bandaid and swap out the whole carburetor?

I figure start slow and leave the restrictions on the Rocky for the moment as I break in the engine properly. But once I get this guy dialed in I definitely am going to want more power, I am barely scraping 47 kph or 30mph Ish on straight aways.

Thanks for any replies!

Natasha Hernandez /

Cool. I'll check that tire too. I love my bike and the compliments I get from old guys is neat..😁

Joaquin Bohmer /

These bike are sweet! A little on the underpowered side but that’s an easy fix. I got one last year and hadn’t really done anything to it because I was kind of skeptical about putting Chinese parts on it. However, this thread has been a huge help over the last months since I started giving the bike a little bit more love. Just wanted to share my Amstar with you guys because if it weren’t for this forum it wouldn’t be looking the way it does. Let me know what you guys think!

Mod list:

Clip ons

Front turn signals

Tail tidy brake and turn signal

5 pin race CDI

Bar end mirror

Kendra trail tires

744301C2-7C09-445D-A412-3DCB7B8A7E4B.jpeg
A761EA1F-56D6-4B87-8264-2B06186D44BB.jpeg
7A4CC9C6-03A2-43BD-8617-079B0EBE8DBF.jpeg

Nice, but where's your fenders?

Putting Chinese parts on it?!?!!

The whole bike is chinese.lol

Joaquin Bohmer /

Yeah I figured that one out pretty quickly.

Joaquin Bohmer /

The front tire was too large so it wouldn’t fit and the rear one I got rid of completely because I found it too big. I’m going to have to get some custom made.

Woah your bikes cool!!!!

Where/how did you get that bar w/integrated tail lights?

I’d like to do that too! I’ve been going between tail lights and have these ones that do the “sweeping mustang car” effect

0F515F38-E210-4A62-8380-E331156E42B3.jpeg

Joaquin Bohmer /

Those look sweet! The tail light isn’t integrated though, I used black zip ties and electrical tape to hide everything.

Natasha Hernandez /

Cool changes. I've found it even harder to find parts for my bike now with the pandemic. Nothing gets shipped from China in a timely manner, or it gets stuck in customs.

Natasha, these bikes are all cloned honda engine wise. Most if not all engine parts are available in original honda form from dratv.com .

You can really increase your reliability if you replace the Chinese parts you need with genuine honda ones. Dratv is in the us so you'll have better luck with shipping.

As for the plastics, gauges, lights etc your not gonna find them there. BUT! They are all generic parts bin stuff. Most likely imported for other bikes as well. Cross referencing can help alot if you can find part numbers...really, ALOT is generic stuff you can find easily. Shocks, sprockets, chain's, switches, lights...If your looking for somthing specific I'd ask about it here. You'll probably be able to find something that'll work..

I'm waiting to find one of these I can throw a two stroke engine on, thinking ktm50 or a Moby swap would be sweeet crazy. But that's what I wanna do...

I missed out on one for $150 last month that wasn't running, but essentially new....not fast enough. :(

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account