Re: Amstar Nostalgia 49cc

Honda monkeys are really cool they look like bowsers bike on Mario cart. But the thing is most mopeds are small and the monkey is on the small end of mopeds. The Amstar Nostalgia is just a 2018 copy of one of Honda’s 1970s mopeds so Yehh no need to worry about rust and old cables or mounts

Josiah Radebaugh /

That's one of the biggest things, is that I hate big bikes. If you can pick it up without breaking your back.... It's too big.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Oh wait, I'm talking the new Honda monkey, a 125, 5 speed. Same engine as the Grom.

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Andy H Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not many manufacturers make bikes with pedals anymore. I’m aware of the

> whole scooter,moped, motorcycle stigma. As long as your not a cop lol jk

> jk

>

> Edit** cops are ok just don’t be a snitch truth be told \_(••)_/

I think the biggest issue with pedals here in the US is that a number of states don't require you to license or title your bike as long as it has pedals on them. You also don't need a motorcycle license. This isn't the same for all states but this saves some money and headache. All you need to do is hope on and ride.

I think if more states started requiring plating and didn't care about the pedals more people wouldn't care as much.

Agreed ^^^ the state of Virginia only cares about engine displacement ie. 50cc or lower and since 2016 requires all mopeds to get plates. Mostly for traffic/ parking ticket purposes. Oh and theft, so many theft claims smh. I wish plates were recommended back on 2010 when my tomos streetmate was stolen maybe I woulda got it back, maybe I woulda got some settlement with my insurance who knows.

Natasha!!! Your thinking too hard and deep about it the air filter is quite obvious!!! Just remove the seat and pull this thing out!!! Couldn’t be any more simple!!!

8D63808C-EFD5-4F56-8229-1FA40F8338D9.jpeg

Lots of performance parts for the Honda E22 clone engines. I have some transplanted two Lifan clones onto a couple of our S65Sport Hondas, one full automatic and one semi auto. Can get these up to 150cc (even plug n play) but externally they look dang close to stock-ish.

I got one under my bench but haven't put it on anything yet.

wait!~ holy shit! rebel's back!

Indeed...

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> wait!~ holy shit! rebel's back!

5 pin Goofit performance CDI or 5 Pin Racing CDI makes a big difference.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I wonder if cheap chinese 50cc options will drive down or increase the

> cost of actual decent mopeds. Like are people gonna see these and think,

> hey that's a better deal for a new bike than a vintage bike for the same

> price, or would folks be more likely to see this and think man, makes me

> want a moped, how much is a classic 2 stroke moped from a reputable

> brand that was made with quality standards

One would hope.

In reality most peeps just buy the first thing they see or can afford without doing any real reaserch. It happens here everyday with vintage barn bikes.(edited)

Hey Andy! I just bought this little bike! Hasn't arrived yet but looking forward to it. Can you post the link of the cdi you got off amazon? Is that all you did for the speed increase?!(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

The CDI is limited... he's said it like 32 times.

GOOFIT 5 Pin CDI Box Unit for...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UBT5ANC/

The cdi it comes with tips the bike at 32mph. The cdi off amazon is plug and play and will have the bike top at 50mph (80kmh) if you have the omg speedometer. I average 45mph (72kmh) I’m 5ft 10in and I weigh 150lbs so Yehh I’ll update the forum when I install the new front sprocket and let y’all know how it runs

Lol the “omg” speedometer, I meant “kmh” speedometer

Josiah Radebaugh /

So this new found top speed of 50... At what RPM? They don't have a Tach do they?

8.99, such a cheap price for an extra 10 plus MPH.

Yehh I believe the new cdi tops at 8.5-9k rpm. I used to have an Rx-7 that was tuned to hit 11k rpm so I can get a general read from the sound of the engine. But that’s just my quirky talent that I can do.

James Harrison /

I got one of these Nostalgia 49 shipped here in Virginia earlier this year from Cajun Maddogs in Louisiana. I tried replacing the carburetor first to speed it up past 30 mph. I installed a PZ20 carb that has a metal choke lever that I like better than the plastic type on the other carbs. I had to trim the sheath of the throttle cable a little bit for the slide to be able to go all the way down in the carb. It greatly improved acceleration! It pops the front wheel off the ground sometimes shifting between 1-2 if the engine speed is not dropped before shifting! I have not installed the air filter that came with this carb kit. It still has all of the original air filter for now.

PZ20 Carb:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKXJPJY/

It still wouldn't go past 30 mph after upgrading the carb, so I knew the restriction was in the ignition. I replaced the 5 pin CDI with the racing one and it flys up to 40 mph or so. I haven't found decent roads and traffic yet to see if it can go any faster.

5 pin Racing CDI:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B076K9QWDJ/

Just received mine in red! Although was very confused when i found no clutch handle? shifting gears without it?

> X Nune Wrote:

> Just received mine in red! Although was very confused when i found no

> clutch handle? shifting gears without it?

semi-auto, yup!

These seem like really rad motorbikes to own. I was thinking of getting a Lifan Trail 70, but now I’m faced with a hard choice.

So mine came in and it seems like its missing some parts. Anyone mind uploading a picture of the screw that goes under the shifter to tighten it? I need to know which part to order now. I will upload pics of the bike when its ready!

Does anyone know what to look up for parts or bigger motor for this I have it and was wondering I searched 139 fma but couldn't find much .

it's the horizontal Honda lifan that's on everything. you can get a pretty direct bolt on cheapo lifan 125cc for like 250bucks all the way up to the Daytona anima 190's (w/ up to 212cc kits) and spend over 2 grand but theoretically push mid 20's hp

How much did you have to trim the cable I ordered the same carb and I have the same problem it wont let the slide go all the way down into the carb.

You can probably install a clone engine in a larger CC for example: 90, 110, 125, 140, 150, 160, 190

> Drew Willis Wrote:

> These seem like really rad motorbikes to own. I was thinking of getting

> a Lifan Trail 70, but now I’m faced with a hard choice.

did someone say a lifan trail 70 ?? 110 4spd semi, '72 CT/CL70 frame

thumbnail_20190821_222557.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account