Re: Amstar Nostalgia 49cc

Brad William /

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62129393074/Chongqing-BULL-50cc-70cc-Mini-Motorcycle.html?spm=a2706.7835515.0.0.314125b0pZyaCy&__detailProductImg=https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1lIlLX8aE3KVjSZLe760sSFXaK.png_300x300xz.png

(Click on 'view more')

Seems to be a few factories in China cranking these out. Wonder what ship to the nearest intrntl airport would be? Wonder if the better ones are lifan vs loncin? Wonder if 90 percent if the parts are interchangeable and impossible to distinguish or discover the source of anyway? Wonder if a group of ten buyers on a forum like this could coordinate themselves a hefty discount on an order to some place like Chicago or Detroit? Can I have mine dressed in white please?

Nah. Too many questions. But for curiosity's sake I will send an inquiry to the factory above just for fun to check shipping costs, dates, and delivery details to grand rapid michigan.(edited)

Brad William /

Bull Motorcycle is the motorcycle, ATV, Dirty bike,Engine, and Generator professional manufactory, with the annual productivity of 200,000 motorcycles, 300,000 engines and generators.We also produce motorcycle accessory such as frame,chain,and packing cartons by ourselves.

Isn't it sad how one letter can so totally fuck up your message guys?

"...dirty bike". ???

C'mon.(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Seems like this discussion should be in OT

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What a whack-ass intake.

Ya, I'm thinking a down draft carb with a straight intake would fix that mess.

images.jpeg

(edited)

Anyone know what the max rpm on the Amstar Nostalgia 49 is?

I mean if I remove all rev limiting capacity. At what rpm will the engine explode?

Please, no educated guessing. I need solid numbers. Thank you.

> Shannon Parker Wrote:

> Anyone know what the max rpm on the Amstar Nostalgia 49 is?

>

> I mean if I remove all rev limiting capacity. At what rpm will the

> engine explode?

>

> Please, no educated guessing. I need solid numbers. Thank you.

In that case , call Amstar . ;)

Josiah Radebaugh /

"Yehh I believe the new cdi tops at 8.5-9k rpm." Yeah I know you said no guesses but...(edited)

First off... I'm only trying to get 40mph average outta this little guy.

I bought the Amazon cdi kit... And a ngk plug... And tuned the a/f and idle on the carb. I still am stuck at 35mph... Although I did max it out at 39mph at some point according to my data logger. Checked the speed with gps app and speedo. I start hitting 35mph and it start sputtering. My guess the cdi is maxed.

So I was thinking maybe buy an adjustable cdi, but I don't want to over rev it... Or rev it past it's power band. I mean if the little guy is making peak horsepower at say 7k... Then there's no reason to rev it up into the 9k's.

Amstar is useless. I emailed them about replacing the brakes and they emailed back saying "what do you mean?".

On another note.... Anybody know how a 70cc kit gets installed?... I'm thinking that going to be what I need to get to a solid 40mph. Or maybe a carb upgrade? IDK. Any ideas?

I average 45 with the cdi I got from amazoni topped at 50 downhill, I posted earlier, and that’s all I did. The stock cdi caps at 6k and the one i got tops at 8.9k... I have everything else stock except my handles which I changed myself to clubman style bars. I’m planning on swapping my front gear to a 17 or 18 tooth to get myself closer to 55mph... also I’m 5foot 10inch and weigh 155 pounds. Maybe that’s why I’m getting extra speed idk...also check out “kepspeed” online for replacement wheels, brakes, swingarms and front forks. I’ve. Got a mean build this winter stay tuned..

AF310985-E803-4753-8B63-734CCAD7E37D.jpeg

Ernesto Rubio /

I did a bolt on replacement 110cc to mine...big mistake! The frame is not ready for that power start braking bolts, shaking at 45 to 50 mph. I found wheels need to be balanced. Before i made many mods to the original engine, front sprockets 14 was the best that work with the 50cc , 15 with the 110 a 17 will make it run 55mph . Diferent carburators 16mm,19mm,22 mm. 16 is the best for the 50cc, 19 fully opend for the 110.

But the biggest restriction, beside the CDI, that i found was the muffler, i swap the muffler for a racing one from amazon and everything change. I sold the bike with the 110 and bought a stock one, change the cdi, put a 16mm carb and swap the muffler i am doing 47 constantly

Heyo! Total noob here, but I just got a Nostalgia too and was hoping to replace the speedometer as I bought mine used and it was busted. None of the functionality works (including the speed, turn signals, lights, etc). I'm guessing it must be the speedometer itself and not a cable failure as the electrical and mechanical components aren't responsive. Anyone have insight on replacing this piece?(edited)

> Andy H Wrote:

> Hi guys “update on my Amstar Nostalgia 49cc” I swapped my cdi box with

> a “goofit 5 pin cdi box” I got off amazon. I went from stock 30mph to

> 50mph max (average 43mph). I also swapped my oil to Mobil 1 0w-40

> European full synthetic for easier cold starts (weather really varies

> where I’m from) and it has great heat resistance. I haven’t changed the

> exhaust, intake, or carb yet. My next step is changing the front

> sprocket to one with more teeth that way I get more speed at lower rpms.

> I also changed my handle bars to some “clubman style” bars.

How was the handlebar replacement like? Did you have to change the handlebar stems as well? Thinking bout doing something similar with mine.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Now we are pulling in Google SEO searches over this. Tite.

If you bought a new motorcycle, why did you buy it not being happy with the speed it offered? Why not just then buy something that met your criteria?

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> If you bought a new motorcycle, why did you buy it not being happy with

> the speed it offered? Why not just then buy something that met your

> criteria?

These probably qualify as mopeds in some states as they do in the rest of the world.

I see a few similar mopeds around here lately, it sucks that they are 4 stroke and poorly built, but other than that it shure beats a scooter.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You can change the "motorcycle" portion of my comment to "moped" or "scooter" and it still is the same idea.

It's the constant repeating idea of "I want a shifter, top-tank moped because I don't want to get a moto license but want to have a motorcycle."

"What do you mean this only does 30mph? How can I spend the equivalent in time and money it would take to get moto license to make my moped into a motorcycle which I am now not licensed to operate?"

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> "What do you mean this only does 30mph? How can I spend the equivalent

> in time and money it would take to get moto license to make my moped

> into a motorcycle which I am now not licensed to operate?"

So?!..... Pah!?.... So?!....

Being cheap and wanting something for nothing are two vastly different things . ;)

Ok, but seriously now...

Has anybody seen, or used this thing?

http://s-charger.com/superchargers-and-turbocharger-available-on-market/

It's a bolt on supercharger... A legit one. Not a eBay electric one. Look up some YouTube videos of this thing... It sounds like wicked fun.

With that... Now, I want to know how much boost can this 49cc engine handle. 5psi, 8psi,... 10psi?

So as to “how” I did the handle bars, lucky you lol, it took me 2 weeks to do a 15 min job smh. So I had to order the handle bars, lucky me the diameter of the bar was the same as the stock grips. Then I had to get clamps aka “handle bar risers” p.s. they have some ridiculous ones so definitely look for the right ones also make sure you have the right diameter to match your bars. THEN I had to get some make shift spacers, I used some washers and bolts from Home Depot, this is because the bolts that come with the risers are too long so I needed to fill the gap. Then I had to use a sharpie and mark, and specifically drill special holes on the handle bars so the handle grips and throttle can mount in place and that’s because there are bumps inside the grips and throttle to lock them in place. Easy job, get the supplies first or your gonna put your stock bars on and off a billion times lol(edited)

Ah thanks for the reply! Should've posted an update but last weekend I was actually able to do it! (after a full day in front of O'Reilly's using their tools). Came across the same problems with the riser bolts, ended up going to a nearby hardware store to find some bolts that matched my risers. Had some difficulty because I didn't realize the bike would be using metric for all the parts but overall not too bad! Thankfully only had to take off the stock bars once but was definitely a long day haha. Maybe I'll post an update pic of it soon! :)

Jean-Marie Pelegrin /

Amazing ! :)

Anyone know if these are 6v or 12v charging systems? Also is the facotory chain a 428 or a 420 I’m not 100% but I think it’s 428 and want to be sure before ordering new sprockets and chain. This winter I have plans to swap a Zongshen zs190 into the bike and will be doing a full build video series on my YouTube channel for those interested.

I wouldn't recommend putting anything bigger then a 125 into one of these... They just weren't built for it.

Post a pic!!!! Lol I’m glad you had fun doing it, lucky you. I had to put so much work into mine lol. And to the common question as to “why buy something your not satisfied with...” it’s because the best satisfaction is taking something (anything) and improving it, or putting your own personal touch on something (anything). Let ppl hate and wonder about your actions, the important thing is to keep pushing thru the resistance humble, silently; and let your success speak for you. Let others speak about your success and your accomplishments. Anywho sorry for the rant. Mucho love adios

Honda_C90.jpg
cub-by-james-chopshop-gibson.jpg

Instant speed improvement.. unbolt that 50cc and whack in a YX140 or US equivalent basically any Horizontal Honda clone motor will fit in there, i own a Honda C90 Cub.. mines is pure rebuilt and restored stock honda.. as that is what i wanted, but the owners group members here in the UK build some wild versions using Chinese clone engines. that do silly speeds for 4 inch drum braked bikes.. the C90 standard does 45-55mph depending on how many pies one has consumed... and the 140 versions can crack 75-80 mph depending on what else has been done to the bike and again how skinny one is. see the pics one is what mines is.. blue standard but minty fresh as mr honda decreed.. and the other based on exactly the same make of bike..

Anyone know exactly which exhausts would work on these bikes?

Well none of the 2 stroke pipes would work. Look for exhausts for Chinese pit bikes. Over here there's a whole industry of aftermarket parts for them. From new frames to complete engines.

I’d figured the 2t pipes wouldn’t work. And I’d assumed a pit bike exhaust would be the best route just unsure as to which would work best for the header and routing of the pipe. Was thinking maybe the Honda passport or c50 exhaust would work but again I’m just unsure and don’t really want to spend the money only to have to send it back.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account