1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Derek Schindler /

Yamaha LC50G

Yamaha LC50

Yamaha Champ 50

Almost done...(5 year project)

- Been looking for front fender the entire time I have had it. Help please!!! Want Oem fender, but thinking I will end up having to modify a rear fender

- Need to modify PW50 FMF expansion chamber and install

- Mount custom welded bars

- Install custom triple clamps and KTM 50 SX forks

- Fab mounts for MX pegs

675C7932-150C-4E45-951E-10A72063DB7E.jpeg
85D846B4-D6C0-423C-A7EB-B41D6A930BDB.jpeg
CCFAF8DE-4F2D-4809-87A7-27A4E4B466F1.jpeg

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Sick!! Thats awesome.

I actually just got one of these last month....the wiring is throwing me for a loop, the wire colors dont match the online diagram i found and i can't figure out what goes where, especially for the battery...

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Derek Schindler /

You don’t even need a battery

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Here's mine - I love these bikes.

5663DB2B-2FE2-4F01-B447-E2B3F50A2863.jpg

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Gator San Juan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Here's mine - I love these bikes.

You've got the leg shields!!

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

punkrock randy /

Beautiful rear shock setup, nice build u got goin

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

punkrock randy /

> Derek Schindler Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You don’t even need a battery

I heard that the battery is it’s only form of voltage regulation. So maybe get a voltage regulator on there if u wanna go the batteryless route.

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Have you tried looking up the Yamaha Malic, and Bop II ? they seem to be the same model just in Japan and in the UK.

Can you let us know what model or part number that beauty of a rear shock is? I see its a RFY but any specs?

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

i like it, but isn't your plate gonna smash into your rear fender on the first big bump you go over? maybe it's just the angle of the pic?

this tomos arrow front fender looks like it should bolt right on, but it lacks the 70s vintage look.

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Claude Veilleux /

> Derek Schindler Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yamaha LC50G

>

> Yamaha LC50

>

> Yamaha Champ 50

>

> Almost done...(5 year project)

>

> - Been looking for front fender the entire time I have had it. Help

> please!!! Want Oem fender, but thinking I will end up having to modify

> a rear fender

>

> - Need to modify PW50 FMF expansion chamber and install

>

> - Mount custom welded bars

>

> - Install custom triple clamps and KTM 50 SX forks

>

> - Fab mounts for MX pegs

Where are you loated? There is a front fender on Ebay UK here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-LC-50-LC50-Bop-front-mudguard-3L6-21511-00-genuine-UNUSED-MARKED/202648068104?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The seller did not want to sell me the fender because I'm in Canada (it was real hard contacting him because he blocks all messages from outside the UK but I found a way) he won't sell to anyone outside the UK.

I've also been looking for a front fender for my LC50, I'll be restoring the bike this winter, since I did'nt find anything except for the listing I pasted here, I made one myself with a rear fender, the pictures from the Ebay listing were crucial to making this fender and it turned out real nice.

I bought this LB50 front fender for the mounting holes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Chappy-LB-50-80-LB50-LB80-LC50-Champ-Front-Fender-Mudguard-FREE-SHIPPING/183999948125?hash=item2ad740655d:g:LBsAAOSwfshbI2fx

and with a lots of measuring made a real nice front fender, once it will be painted and clearcoated with automotive paint it will look great. (edited)

IMG_6956.JPG
IMG_6957.JPG
IMG_6958.JPG

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Claude Veilleux /

More pics.....

IMG_6959.JPG
IMG_6960.JPG

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

I like that paint job I also have a 1979 champ and a 1975 Yamaha Chappy with 4 speed manual. Try a chappy front fender they have the same screw holes it should bolt right on

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Rodrigo Ortiz /

What price can one cost with everything running and title?

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

I recently got started restoring mine and i was wondering what tires to go with...more specifically i was wondering if i need tubless or tubed tires

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

punkrock randy /

> Jacob Busbee Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I recently got started restoring mine and i was wondering what tires to

> go with...more specifically i was wondering if i need tubless or tubed

> tires

I've got tubes in mine. And i just got some Kenda tyres from my local Honda dealership. But I kinda wish I’da got the Continentals that have big ass whitewalls. Probably look good as a mofo with those;-)

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Claude Veilleux /

> Derek Schindler Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yamaha LC50G

>

> Yamaha LC50

>

> Yamaha Champ 50

>

> Almost done...(5 year project)

>

> - Been looking for front fender the entire time I have had it. Help

> please!!! Want Oem fender, but thinking I will end up having to modify

> a rear fender

>

> - Need to modify PW50 FMF expansion chamber and install

>

> - Mount custom welded bars

>

> - Install custom triple clamps and KTM 50 SX forks

>

> - Fab mounts for MX pegs

I finally found a LC50 front fender last week on Ebay after 2 years of searching, I bought it but another one just popped up on Ebay a few days ago, I thought you would be interrested.

Here it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-YAMAHA-CHAMP-LC50-FRONT-FENDER-OEM-MUDFLAP/283962059486?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D10806b5ea2824440a247131f99030640%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D10%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D133447011688%26itm%3D283962059486%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Aad53191d-d724-11ea-a7dc-aa33957dd1ba%7Cparentrq%3Abef0af981730ad397ea5f809ffffd686%7Ciid%3A1

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Claude Veilleux /

> Rodrigo Ortiz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What price can one cost with everything running and title?

I bought mine 2 years ago on Ebay with title at 340$ USD but with lots of parts missing, it was running but missing speedometer, missing front and rear blinkers, missing front rack missing front fender, missing both mirrors, missing wire harness from speedometer to head lamp, leaking petcock but was easilly repaired and a few other things I'm forgetting, I bought it anyway because I had in hand every part that was missing.

Re: 1980 Yamaha LC50G (Champ 50)

Claude Veilleux /

> Nathan Fine Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I like that paint job I also have a 1979 champ and a 1975 Yamaha Chappy

> with 4 speed manual. Try a chappy front fender they have the same screw

> holes it should bolt right on

Only problem with that solution is that it fits but it's not the same model, the Chappy front fender is much larger than the Champ front fender, it's not very nice on a LC50 .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account