Express SR steering angle opinions

punkrock randy /

Found a pretty good lookin SR somewhat local, but I haven’t seen it in person. But it looks like someone did some cutting and welding to the head tube to rake the steering. Does this look like way too extreme of an angle? Looks like there would be excessive pressure placed on bottom of head tube. Hopefully additional gussets, i dunno, just wanted opinions and to play show and tell, thanks all

Re: Express SR steering angle opinions

Here's an image an '81 , for comparison :

(edited)

Maybe the frame tube got bent ?

punkrock randy /

But also, it looks as if the front wheel and fender were back any further, you’d be running into splash guards quick. Maybe I can get the person to send me some pics of the head tube area, save me the trip to disappointment town. I probably shouldn’t even look into this thing, but I really like the SR. One more pic for shits/giggles

73CCB306-00DB-4C6C-B7F7-8DA6B0BF938B.png

Maybe it was wrecked and "rebuilt" if nothing else a lot of good parts there.

Pretty sure that frame is badly bent.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, that's mad bent

Some 400 dude been riding over pot holes with that. Have seen NC50 frames bent similar but not as bad.(edited)

punkrock randy /

Fattys should definitely fashion top tubes, or dump weight. That’s the best way to make your shiz quicker

somebody was riding on those handlebars, speedo is bent down toward the driver

edit- or.....

i dunno, if those forks were bent under heavy load pressure. if you open the fork angle outward the clearance between the fender and fairing should increase, right?

this appears to be about the sam, or not, who knows im just waking up(edited)

IMG_20190812_113110.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account