Magnum MKII Oil Injection

john cervini /

What's the general consensus on the oil injection pump? Remove and use a block off plate, disconnect and leave in place or use it? Thanks!

Re: Magnum MKII Oil Injection

Block off plate and premix

Overpriced Parts /

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Block off plate and premix

Leave pump shaft and plastic shaft guide in there or you’ll have an air leak But

Actually what I do is I pull out the pump shaft (put a 5mm? Screw in end of shaft, pull out and both shaft guide comes out), guide/collar and bottom washer,

I fill up the plastic guide with sealant, let it dry then cram shaft guide that back down into hole until it clicks and then put a gasket and plate,

4E64B46A-8F36-4BE2-A367-8007F7CBE21A.jpeg

Sometimes with the bottom washer you got to take a magnet and put it on a screwdriver and then reach down with the screwdriver, it will pick it right off,

I do this because why have a shaft spinning in there doing nothing but taking away a bit of power and rpm,

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Jeff Parr Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Block off plate and premix

>

> Leave pump shaft and plastic shaft guide in there or you’ll have an air

> leak But

>

> Actually what I do is I pull out the pump shaft (put a 5mm? Screw in end

> of shaft, pull out and both shaft guide comes out), guide/collar and

> bottom washer,

>

> I fill up the plastic guide with sealant, let it dry then cram shaft

> guide that back down into hole until it clicks and then put a gasket and

> plate,

>

> Sometimes with the bottom washer you got to take a magnet and put it on

> a screwdriver and then reach down with the screwdriver, it will pick it

> right off,

>

>

>

> I do this because why have a shaft spinning in there doing nothing but

> taking away a bit of power and rpm,

Bookmarked

john cervini /

Thanks Ken!

I like to use it personally, they work pretty damn well and rarely ever have I seen one fail. Just replace the oil lines and make sure you use clamps on them all. I’ve run them on kitted set ups and they seem to function adequately with modern 2 cycle injector oil.

Overpriced Parts /

Kitted with injector huh? Been thinking about doin that!

Not kitted but I have oil injector on 2 modded bikes,

My modded tomos revival still has the oil injector on it and I got one puch magnum mkII goes over 40mph that has a bigger carb and pipe that still has the oil injector on it

But since I run a jet that is around 8-12 sizes bigger then stock size on each bike I add a little bit of oil in their tanks because its not 50 to 1 ratio any more (and I’m scared!) because I increased the gasoline concentration 12-20%,

Oil injected is never the same ratio anyway, the higher the RPM the more the pump pumps most times,

I use Polaris full synthetic injector oil in those two bikes, both bikes I got in very low 140-150mi condition and probably have around 1,200 miles on each them now so no failures yet,

But did I replace all the hard old lines on mkll and left one visible so I could check to see if there’s oil in it every time before I start it:

10DF6664-3B88-4CBB-93C6-9AB6C168B720.jpeg

I never ran a full fast 55mph kitted bike with oil injector but I did put oil injector nipple on a 70cc Athena reed kit intake and I may kit the magnum with that in the future,

Yea clear lines is crucial

Bad Cadillac™ /

Restore it/service it and you'll be fine!

I bought a 1989 Yamaha Bravo snowmobile and it has it on it still and I run it.

I'm also not the original owner!

Runs great, never an issue!

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

Ken, watch out for the Revival pump drive on the flywheel. I bought mine with a scattered engine because the rubber drive separated from the steel. Maybe you have the all steel version.

^ this is the number one oil injector fail. Either that or a cracked line

Overpriced Parts /

> Frank Bailey (MOPITT) Wrote:

> Ken, watch out for the Revival pump drive on the flywheel. I bought

> mine with a scattered engine because the rubber drive separated from the

> steel. Maybe you have the all steel version.

My a55 revival is steel but my 04 revival was rubber, it didn’t fail but all the lines were bad and I had to replace them, that was a pain in the ass in itself,

I ran extra oil in that tank too because I went to a bigger 14.14 sha carb and mid 60s jet

« Go to Topic — end of thread