What model Tomos moped is this?

Joanna Veleris /

Hi everyone. I was recently gifted this moped. It’s a Tomos from 2009. Honestly I barely know anything about mopeds or fixing them, but I’ve taken this project on and am really excited about it. The moped I was given does not currently run, and isn’t titled... So i guess step one is figuring out what kind it is exactly. I think it might be a targa xl? I found the vin number and ran it and nothing was pulled up. Do any of you know what kind of Tomos this is, and any other relevant information about it I should know? Thank you!

BFB55C7C-7BCE-42C4-B9AE-BE1FC95E0D35.jpeg
A9D072B3-05A6-441C-A964-91F9F7DA2D17.jpeg
BEB7248F-D59A-4021-AE48-E769B61F903E.jpeg

Re: What model Tomos moped is this?

I'm no expert but looks like a tomos targa. 2009? Might have the a55 engine. There is a wiki on this site with a bunch of repair info.

If the engine isnt seized a good carb cleaning and maybe a spark plug wouldn't hurt to try. Make sure the ignition timing is right

Drain out the old fuel and put in fresh fuel mixed at 3.2 oz. of quality 2-stroke oil into a gallon of premium gas.

If it has oil injection, this will be heavy on oil, but never trust oil injection on a Tomos until you prove it works.

They are great bikes and should be the A55 2-speed engine.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

yeah I would say it was a 1996 TT LX A35 but it's missing its front cowl and the turn signals all around AKA Targa but they got sued by Porsche

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> yeah I would say it was a 1996 TT LX A35 but it's missing its front cowl

> and the turn signals all around AKA Targa but they got sued by Porsche

Those mags are later years,Slew.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Nice bike!

You going to keep it or flip it?

Just curious, I'm not interested in buying it, since you got it as a gift.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

He states its a 2009, and the forks / wheels prove that. So real question here, why didnt you get paperwork for a 2009 model? Could it be stolen? In ohio that would have came with a title.

Its a TTLX.

The sidecovers and cylinder are dead give always of a55. Great score!

There is TONS on info here. The search function will be invaluable. Just sift through and figure out what best applies to you. Get a Techno Estoril for the a55 and put a bigger jet in your carb and ride that lil BB.

2009 Tomos LX.

« Go to Topic — end of thread