Do I need anything else?

Ok, I’m trying to keep my bike as stock as possible but needed a few things. Is there anything else I should order to make my bike run/look better before I place this order?

8859F1C8-40C8-4AB4-98E1-7499A3AF4E97.png
76EE28C2-558B-4FDA-B4B1-50B6A32F7386.jpeg

Re: Do I need anything else?

Front and rear fender were put on for a purpose.

I get it and I still have everything, this is just the look I want.

If you don’t run a fender you need a brace

For the light?

So contrary to your original post about wanting to keep the bike as stock as possible, you decided on an expansion exhaust, a different taillight, stripping it of fenders, and losing your nice side covers and under tank boxes.

That doesn’t sound like keeping it stock at all.

In addition to a front brace, might want to get a waterproof plug cap. Your fender is gonna be dousing your plug with any rain. And something to keep that coil dry.

You do need a fork brace.

> Jamie Warren Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> For the light?

So your front wheel doesn’t go wonky and drop you on your face. So also add a full face helmet to that list.

Handle bars aren’t stock either.

I could literally make it stock again in about an hour if I wanted to, I’m not butchering it, just took a few parts off. But thanks for the info, I’m very new to all this and I’ve been trying to do as much research as possible before posting on here.

If you get that led tail light, you won't need that whole set of bulbs. two of them are for your stock tail light, which at that point you will no longer have

Also that tail light needs 12v, not sure but the original light coils might be 6v, so it may not be very bright.

I don't know though, only sceptizing

Ok and thank you for the info! Didn’t know that once I took the front fender off that I’d need a brace. Also w the light I just wanted a light that wasn’t so bulky. Again I’m new to this and it’s a learning process...

> Jamie Warren Wrote:

> Ok and thank you for the info! Didn’t know that once I took the front

> fender off that I’d need a brace. Also w the light I just wanted a light

> that wasn’t so bulky. Again I’m new to this and it’s a learning

> process...

We all start somewhere so ask away.

Thanks a lot, I really am trying to research as much as possible and I do appreciate all the help!

You’re gonna need some bing jets to get that carb tuned to the new pipe

Jesus, ok. Lol

Overpriced Parts /

Everything you see here plus 35$ chamber, new lines for the oil pump,14mm bing, metal mesh filter, cat eye signals and of course magneto serviced and timed

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_timing, if you want to go anywhere safely on 35-40 mph roads

DD9FE66E-103B-4B1C-8EF9-65006D643B22.jpeg

You need a trail tech to keep an eye on temps. Do you have a flywheel puller?

If your are doing a new pipe, you might as well do a metal mesh filter too. And as already stated, you'll want jets to tune the carb. Has it been rebuilt lately? before adding all the fancy stuff, it might be worth new bearings, seals and shift pucks.

Definitely need to change your shift pucks before you snap the clutch shaft

I’m not sure, my Puch is stock and all I want to do is change the exhaust. So I have a lot info as it is but I’m just trying to get my ped to go a little faster.

The problem is Jamie, faster = more stress on the motor. If you don't know if it has been rebuilt, then it's insurance against failure. Get it in tip top shape as standard and then add the exhaust and filter, otherwise you may be closer to a new desk weight.

Exhaust is a flat port and your cylinder is angled so you will have to do some hacking to get it to fit.

Aw man, another survivor to get poorly cafe racer’d and then ridden for a month and then listed on Craigslist for 2k.

Awww man, another hipster who’s momma didn’t love him and doesn’t understand what constructive criticism is....

Yeah, pulling all the plastics is pretty hipster. Seems like everybody was doing it ten years ago...

Wait, was that long enough ago for it to be cool again?

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Yeah, pulling all the plastics is pretty hipster. Seems like everybody

> was doing it ten years ago...

>

> Wait, was that long enough ago for it to be cool again?

NO .

« Go to Topic — end of thread