74cc Gila Exhaust angle

Hey all, I'm rearing to install my Gila on a maxi, but I'm worried about the angle it'll put my exhaust at. I've got a techno circuit, can I still mount it safely or will it put too much stress on where it connects to the exhaust port? I'm not trying to warp/snap this beautiful pipe!

Alternately, is there a port or some piece that will rectify the angled port so the pipe can sit parallel to the ground like it would on a stock kit?

Re: 74cc Gila Exhaust angle

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /
what.gif

What, is this not a valid question?

Why do you want to run a circuit on a Gila anyway? It's not really a big deal to modify a header to fit an angle port.

You need an angled port exhaust. If youre uncomfortable with welding and chopping, purchase a pipe from treatland that is bolt up.

What carb/ignition are you running?

It's the pipe I got back when I started putting new stuff on and I just sorta happened upon a sweet deal for the gila. I was looking for an alternative that'll let me use the rear mounting hole on the maxi. It would concern me if the only anchoring point was the bottom port of the kit. At the end of the day, I just think it'll look goofy and personal, that's all I want to do. I've never had to do something like this, so I'm completely in the dark about how I could modify the header. Is there something in the wiki I just haven't found yet?

Have you rebuilt the bottom end with a performance crank? If not, its akin to dropping a v8 in hyundai with any other mods. It aint goan work

Fuck I'm so dumb, I should just chop and weld. I've got a 19PHBG with jet ranges for all three, but I'm waiting to hear back about a local VM22

I have one coming in

Overpriced Parts /

Stock circuit pipe would need a longer header and then rear mount would be too low and chamber would be too low and header size is too small anyway,

This circuit pipe is made for angle port with large cylinder head but would have to bend rear to fit maxi and header is too small,

https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-magnum-techno-EDM-pipe-angle-port-p/mlm-pipe-magnum-401292.htm

5B9309E4-E189-407A-9749-C8AF9CEB37C3.jpeg

Just Put one on my stock Magnum xk and the fit was very far off

About 1-1/2 inboard from rear mount hitting the tire rear and a inch too low,

I had to enlarge/Dremel header mounting holes and had to put a slight bend in the stinger pipe (which was very difficult to do) then slot rear mounting hole to get it to mount on rear exhaust mount,

Then to top it off a 10 mm socket doesn’t fit on the right side header stud nut so I had to use an Allen screw,

I almost gave up but it is hard to return a pipe after you drilled holes and bent it up,

More rear mods would be needed if the engine would’ve been a za50 because the exhaust header length is 1/2-3/4 in off from e50 engine that’s why stock magnum pipes are 2 piece adjustable in the middle,

They need to take those pipes after they make them and test mount it on a bike,

If I were you I would get a estoril (derestricted version) because the header ID is correct size and bend header mount or cut and hack header mount to angle port, of course your pedal shaft may need to be modded too,

You do know you have to bore the e50 cases out (around 52mm) for the Gila cylinder to fit too,

dont get a vm22. they are stupid large carbs I think they are even larger than a tm24.

If your set on vm the vm20 is a great carb and is proportionate to its venturi and pretty easy to tune for a non-single jet carb.

> will warn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> dont get a vm22. they are stupid large carbs I think they are even

> larger than a tm24.

>

> If your set on vm the vm20 is a great carb and is proportionate to its

> venturi and pretty easy to tune for a non-single jet carb.

hey guys lets give advice on "I thinks"

no the vm22 while large still bolts onto vm20 intakes and tunes exactly the same as a vm20

Dirty30 Dillon /

I don't think you have considered that fact that you will need to bore your cases to get the Gila to even fit on your bottom end, not to mention the need for a roller crank and a different intake setup for the Gila.

Okay I think this thread is just about exhausted. I'll do more homework on VMs, run it with the PHBG for the time being, and chop/join the circuit to see if I can fit it AND get clearance. I have a race crank from the previous owner, I have a dremmel kit to bore, intake on the way from treats. If the shit falls flat I'll just put it back to stock and have a sale on unused upgrades.

Thanks for the input and insight!

Hmm boring with a dremel is risky.

Buy an extra set of cases and build this on the side while you ride the moped as it is. Otherwise youll be left with a pile of parts.

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

The gif reply was because the build you're going for is definitely an intermediate - experienced engine build.

If you're fine with potentially blowing it (and finding someone to TIG your cases because you blew through the ignition or clutch side) I would suggest to use a drum sander and not a dremel to open the cases.

Bolt them together (with the internals taken out) and bolt that to some wood or something and put that in a vise so it doesn't move. Or, go get someone who knows what they're doing (local machine shop?) to bore them for you.

« Go to Topic — end of thread