Re: Vintage Moped iron-on transfer...

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wow, that looks awesome! Thanks for your efforts!

>

> I understand what you're saying regarding the straightness of the text.

> I just emailed the print shop that I went to this morning to see if they

> can scan the iron-on and possibly improve upon the image as you have

> done. If that doesn't work out, I will get a scan made of my iron-on and

> forward it to you. Thanks again!

If for some reason getting it scanned doesn't wind up working out I would pay the shipping to/from you so I can scan it. I work at a library so I have access to a very high resolution scanner used for digitizing old material and I dabble in graphic design

Garrett Bernhagen /

Jesus Christ, sorry I bothered.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Garrett Bernhagen Wrote:

> Jesus Christ, sorry I bothered.

Garrett, please don't feel slighted. I read your PM after I emailed the print shop. I truly appreciate your help as well. I apologize for not acknowledging your efforts. Thanks so much for your help! I've learned a lot today from all of you guys.

sign me up for a shirt in Large.

Josiah Radebaugh /

I'd totally buy one of these! I don't have enough moped shirts!!!

if no scanner get a sheet of glass, lay the decal down, lay the glass over, so it flattens everything, straight down view with camera.. job done.. make sure its set for a high resolution photo.. 16mp or above... that my ghetto scanner tip... and make sure the glass is crystal clear.

Lar! Great find please keep your progress posted I'm in for two shirts! Got moped collection on a good roll. Best of luck!

I'm in for a shirt too if they ever get made, super cool image, might be better if left a little blurred, more "period correct"? ;)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Billy Stewart Wrote:

> if no scanner get a sheet of glass, lay the decal down, lay the glass

> over, so it flattens everything, straight down view with camera.. job

> done.. make sure its set for a high resolution photo.. 16mp or above...

> that my ghetto scanner tip... and make sure the glass is crystal clear.

OK Billy, scanning the image would not work because of the opaque transfer paper. This time I taped it perfectly flat to a crystal clear glass window and re-shot the photo. I have emailed the image file to you at the email address shown in your profile. If that email addy is no good, please PM me a better email address to send it to. Thanks!!!!!!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

As soon as I get the touched up image back from Billy, I'll take it to my local screen printing shop to get a prototype shirt made and I'll report back.

Where are they already? What color shirts ya doing? Short sleeve, long sleeve?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

These things take time. Once I get the enhanced image file back, I’ll get it over to the print shop to do a prototype shirt. If that looks good, I’ll take individual orders for sizes and styles of shirts. I’ll keep everyone posted of my progress. I’m excited to get this going. I’ve been holding onto this transfer for almost 15 years.(edited)

Thanks for the email mopedlar, i shall do my best to get it redrawn properly. leave it with me.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thanks Billy! Please email me your address so I can send you a shirt when they’re all done. Please include size. Thanks!(edited)

Ah its fine mopedlar, im way over in the UK. am more your old school large bearded biker sort.. think grumpy Scottish biker and you get the idea. But im glad to help. give me a few mins and ill go sort out the print.

Am I missing something?? Is this t shirt already on sale on the internet but you want to recreate the wheel.and make it using an ancient transfer?? How much is the t shirt. I might buy it for you to get you out of your misery.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

You are missing something. Shirt is 40 years old, not my size and $80 plus shipping. Thanks but no thanks!(edited)

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> Hmmm......

E8C4CEBC-2639-4EE8-9846-835E25D1E684.jpeg

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> > Thomas TPRF Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Hmmm......

> >

I dig this

I'd love to have that on the sides of a helmet.

I'd love he og one on a shirt, no helmet

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Update.. got the enhanced image file from Billy. It looked great! Taking it to the local print shop tomorrow. Should have first shirt this week.

Then update picture to today's young moped rider. Dreads , some tat's and a few piercings , plus vary the colorings, make the sexual orientation more non binary.

Then let's see that. The guy on the moped in your picture is now a 280 lb guy on four antihypertensives , three diabetes drugs , a staton plus elaquis for his atrial fibrillation.

Over here the description of what the now rider would be like is pretty accurate.. most moped riders here only have them to relive there youth, as teenagers all have 125cc plastic scooters or dirt style bikes, the licensing laws make owning a 50cc... or a kitted moped silly when you have to do the same basic training test as you do to ride a 125.. the only diff being a 1 year period at age 16, and then you cant have a old moped as its to powerful... yep i shit you not, it has to be legally restricted to 28mph.. then at 17 you get a bigger boy bike... me I'm 46 now and my daily rider is a v-star 1100 and a Suzuki VS1400.. the little bikes are just for tinkering with and going very short distance. hell im 230lb and 6ft 2, it struggles even with a 70cc kit on my puch X40.

If some would like a more modern image, go for it, but i think mopedlar wants to keep it old school retro. like most of the bikes we are riding, the things near as old as me... ok maybe not quite that old.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thanks Billy for clarifying that. Much appreciated.

Update: The first shirt should be done in about a week. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I get it. If I'm happy with it, I'll start taking orders. In the interim, you can glance through their catalog of shirts, etc. at: https://www.4logowearables.com/cgi-bin/hw/hwb/chw-pseudoHome.w?hwCVD=alpgenericWebsite. Click on the "Shop Products" link near the top of the page.

Just to give you an idea of what it will cost.....I was told the cost of an average t-shirt is gonna be around $11.50. Prices may be higher for other styles of shirts.

Please note that I will not be making a dime off these shirts or for my time. The print shop, "Printabilities", is a non-profit entity and all all their sales revenue goes to programs for disabled individuals. That is the main reason I chose this particular enterprise versus the various large online vendors.(edited)

I think that is a very fine thing for you to do.i hope it does help out those that need it..

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Got my first new "'70's vintage" shirt today from the print shop. I think it came out pretty darn good. Ordering details to follow in the B/S forum.

mopedrulesshirt2.jpg
mopedrulesshirt1.jpg

(edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

Oh yeah! Thats great! Going to have to get me one when the time comes.

Slick!

Glad it turned out ok mopedlar.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account