New to Mopeds

So I have a new moped (its a Tomos Flexer) and I asked what would be the recommended ratio of gas to oil when using Amsoil saber but Im getting mixed answers some are saying to do the recommended 100:1 others 50:1. Can someone please help me?

Re: New to Mopeds

You can always split the difference and run 75:1 if you're torn between the two

What does the factory recommend?

> John Ebert Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What does the factory recommend?

The factory recommended ratio is irrelevant when you're using synthetic oil; the oil technology back then was nowhere near where it is today. Just run either 80:1 or 100:1

Yeah I'll 80:1 to 100:1. I've ran 100:1 in 60+ mph bikes with no issues.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The flexor isn't that old

♣Slew Foot♣ /

and this is sort of like mopeds anonymous you're supposed to introduce yourself like

My name is state name I have a problem I've been riding mopeds too long my friends and my family have alienated me because all I can talk about is mopeds it leaves me socially awkward and wanting for a trust fund and tight jeans...

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well, Personally I would run 50:1. I know its not much help, but do what you think is right.

I agree. 50:1 /80:1 makes sense.

I like to run 1:1 just to be on the safe side.

Remember to rejet if changing up oil ratio.

> Rufus Von Rieles Wrote:

> I like to run 1:1 just to be on the safe side.

>

> Remember to rejet if changing up oil ratio.

1:1 ... you're joking , right ?

> P D Wrote:

> > Rufus Von Rieles Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I like to run 1:1 just to be on the safe side.

>

> >

>

> > Remember to rejet if changing up oil ratio.

>

> 1:1 ... you're joking , right ?

Hopefully he mistyped 100:1.

Hopefully...

this is probably one of the most commonly debated and opinionated topics, "What does the factory recommend?" being one side but "what does the oil recommend" being a fair alternative. 100:1 is cheaper and works, that's why I do it.

for fun I ran 150:1 shit oil. even that worked. kinda. i mean i seized it alot but never hard seized. point is, personal comfort wins- it's your choice. but if you want people's experiences to justify your choice, 100:1 works without issues and lots of people run saber 100:1 at 100:1

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account