Re: Where do you work on your moped?

I am building bikes in a small shed in the forest haha. No constant 120v power but I wired (4) 6v golf cart batteries in series/parallel with an inverter. Solar keeps them charged and I have a kerosene heater keeping me warm-ish. Also have my RV parked here so it's were I'm livin and that beast has a nice new Onan generator. The generator runs my small welder with ease. Sometimes I'll work on bikes inside my motorhome too. Just make due with whatever ya got I guess.

IMG_20191018_180154.jpg

I have worked on my ebike at work but unfortunately, it's not a place to do much more on a moped, let alone leave anything there. Looking for a place where I can leave my stuff because it's going to be a long term project.

I have looked into a few local makerspaces in the area but nothing fruitful yet. Thanks.

Very interesting, in a good way.

I thought of some ideas which might work. Rent a parking space at a storage facility and put up a canvas gazebo or storage trailer. Second idea would be to rent a seasonal space at a campground and put up an extra canvas gazebo. Just don't make too much power tool noise. I rented a garage in Queens for 100.00 a month once. Now I have an outdoor parking spot 12x25 ft at a storage facility for 60/month on long island. I chain my bike up there and noone says anything when I buzz around the storage facility every weekend.

I work on my bikes in 3 different places but the Swoop shop is my favorite for weekend wrenching and hangs.

20191019_144144.jpg
20191019_144207.jpg
20191019_144230.jpg

I envy all of you guys with multiple people wrenching in the same place, that's cool. My moped life is pretty solitary. Trying to get to more rallys though for the hangs.

Solitary workspace sounds appealing to me too. I will eventually plan to build a car on my own.

Jealous. That’s exactly what I’m looking for, but there’s only motorcycle-centric spots in NYC and as of right now, it’s too pricey or very limited.

Thanks. I’ve called a bunch of local storage areas and as of right now, there’s only one solid lead. We’re specifically looking for indoor as the seasons get colder, and we’ll need shelter. For the spring, my buddy had a courtyard we can work off of, or there’s just more options.

The dream would be to find a $100 spot in queens like yours. 2 of the buddies including myself are in queens so that would be ideal.

> Jason Chang Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

You should try clicking on FLAT VIEW at the top of the page .

It makes everyone's life more enjoyable . ;)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Wherever I break down on the side of the road usually...

My livingroom is my "workshop" and its a moped mess.

IMG_20191020_041145.jpg

(Fyi, my livingroom is probably smaller than most of your kitchens, and mine has the kitchen in it)

Jeffrey Strichart /

I live in Downingtown PA and have a very large heated and cooled outbuilding workshop (and music studio.) I am not -that- far from NYC and you are welcome to come here and work on your ride. I have all the tools needed and then some.

Nice, I have a small apt too, and I keep an average of 4 bikes in here, (see pic earlier in thread) They are out in the summer, but our winters are rough, and I don't have a garage. (My kitchen is tiny as F**k) ;) In the pic the Crown Vic was running and heating up, the blue truck next to it is mine too, but that is how much snow we got in a single event.(edited)

229.jpg

> Jeffrey Strichart Wrote:

> I live in Downingtown PA and have a very large heated and cooled

> outbuilding workshop (and music studio.) I am not -that- far from NYC

> and you are welcome to come here and work on your ride. I have all the

> tools needed and then some.

^ How amazingly cool of you!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hahaha your apartment is a moped a mess I'm embarrassed my small utility apartment is smaller than many people's walk-in closets in the master bedroom

Megasaurass wRexckses /

My shed is 60ft from the house. I added 2 30amp breakers to the house then ran an underground 220v and an overhead 220v. One line runs the air compressor the other plugs in the heat/ac. The exhaust fan is used a lot for clearing out smoke and fumes. It blows out the ridge vent. Every once in a while my wife wants the shit out of the way so she can park in there. Luckily that only lasts 10 minutes. Haa

CF7E7A23-504E-4BE3-9E85-88EAC7176477.jpeg

Jeffrey Strichart /

:)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Jeffrey Strichart Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I live in Downingtown PA and have a very large heated and cooled

>

> > outbuilding workshop (and music studio.) I am not -that- far from NYC

>

> > and you are welcome to come here and work on your ride. I have all the

>

> > tools needed and then some.

>

> ^ How amazingly cool of you!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If you start having trouble on your way to Downingtown I'm 61 miles south of New York City on the way

As I consider abandoning my life up here in the northwest more and more, I keep coming back to Ohio in my mind. Communal moped shop? Check...reasonable housing cost and possibility to own within reason maybe? Yup

Why the hell diddnt I buy a house here 10 years ago. House I was looking at then was 25k just recently sold for over 150...I coulda had my own toilet man.

I almost moved to Arkansas last year when I saw serviceable homes selling for under 20k. Then my meemaw let me know that it's basically the meth capital of the country.....plus, I can't leave meemaw

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hey you look in the mountainous parts of PA where you have well water and sewage fields and you can get a place with 10 acres 40 Grand and have the mineral rights...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account