> me.

>

> > we talk the same language.

>

> Dude I'm an electrical engineer and I can't understand what the hell

> you're trying to say most of the time. You may know what you're talking

> about but you're an asshole about it and seem to have a loose grasp on

> written English

fuck you. if your an engineer then explain to the group the concept of floating.

another ma asshole. why don't you post diagrams, explain to the group all the other ways of wiring other that floating ground, full and half wave. there aren't any and you are a douche.

Re: Wiring questions (puch e50)

Man this el pollo dude sucks.

I’m into this thread otherwise.

Graham, I look forward to seeing your diagrams.

> el pollo Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> another ma asshole. why don't you post diagrams, explain to the group

> all the other ways of wiring other that floating ground, full and half

> wave. there aren't any and you are a douche.

Okay, I mainly work on radar systems and antenna range automation but I'll take a stab.

Floating ground: first picture, see how the ground is there on the right side (after the amplifier) but not on the left? On the left, the battery has a floating ground. It's not directly connected to earth but the battery still provides the same voltage (e.g. 6V). The negative terminal may not be exactly 0V, but that doesn't necessarily matter since the voltage differential into the amplifier will always be 6V.

Half wave rectifier (picture 2): You have AC but you want DC so you cut off the negative portion of the AC curve to give a pulsated DC signal. Controlling the duty cycle (time pulse is off vs time pulse is on) and amplitude of the signal will yield you different average voltage values and therefore different DC values.

Full wave rectifier (pic 3): Like a half wave but uses diodes to make every pulse positive. This gives you twice the range of the half wave (e.g. you can set the voltage to anywhere inbetween 12v to -12v instead of 6v to -6v with a half wave). Of course, the current applied will be halved since you're increasing the voltage by a factor of two. I've never converted a bike to 12v, so I wasn't going to chime in. But if you put on the 12 volt coil and replace the (I assume half wave) rectifier with a full wave you should be good to go.

To El Pollo, I never said that the way to do it wouldn't involve using rectifiers, I said the way you type makes whatever you're trying to say extremely confusing for most.

Maydq.png
diode-diode14.gif
diode-diode18.gif

glad you cleared that up for the group.

you writing is just as confusing as mine. reading your post you would think that there are 2 types of rectifiers. running half wave means that the same part has terminals that are n/c. they are the same part wired differently.

tell the group if I picked the right parts. kbpc5010 rectifier and 63v 22,000uf cap.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> fuck you.

Why are you on a moped forum at all?

why are you a troll?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account