3D rendering of a Tomos Targa

I realize this is a bit of a stretch but curious if anyone has ever come across something like this. Something like a CAD file.

Re: 3D rendering of a Tomos Targa

Nope - you going to do one?

Brad William /

Cad files of objects, even rudimentary 3d line rendering can be really useful. I've done non professional drawings for hobby work with Google/Trimble Sketchup free version.

Just for example you could open up a tomos simple line render file on your desktop, zoom in, rotate as needed, delete the intake and carb, physically take the dimensions of your new carb sitting on your tabletop, and design in Cad an intake that will fit your clearances perfectly. All the measurements needed to fab your new intake are available via your new drawing to start cutting and welding. If you've ever done much cutting, welding, machining, carpentry, cabinet making, modifying, the try and fail, try and fail, waste time and material, try fail again route to eventual success, then experienced the joy of having a 3d line drawing to go by instead then you already know what I mean here. You can also rough up quick drawings of mufflers, tires, seats, cylinders, etc, as "components" based off of the vendors dimensions and drag/drop/snap them into place on your desktop ped to see how the fit and look.

I haven't been in a while.. I've list interest in many of my hobbies... but I'm pretty sure you could go to Google/Trimble Sketchup "warehouse" online and search for member contributed 3d versions of mopeds. I'd be surprised if a few weren't there. With a free copy of Sketchup you can download/import the file to your desktop and rotate, zoom, modify as you please. You might even start with any moped drawn at all and rescale it and modify it to mirror your ped.

""Re: 3D rendering of a Tomos Targa

Brad William /

Just did a quick "Sketchup tomos moped" Google image search and two drawings popped right up. So do a 5 minute download/install of any free version of Sketchup that fits your computer, even oldversion.com downloads. Follow the links from Google image. You may need to join as a member to access the files. Import it. Open it. Have fun.

If I found two tomos searching Sketchup there must be more out there rendered in other programs. Many of them can be handled in basic Sketchup.

There are still a few way-back-machine files I uploaded under the name "svejkovat" in the warehouse.(edited)

Brad William /

I just googled images of "Sketchup svejkovat" and a bunch of old shit popped up. Memory lane. Mostly speaker building stuff. QT50 mountain bike grafting I posted on a motorized bike forum..

Always wanted to build that one.(edited)

So close! There seems to be a few renderings of the Tomos APN but nothing Targa. Thanks though. Learned something today.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account