Re: purple pain, full rigid maxi build

yeah, I went with this intake because it came with the $30 gila I got from will, plus we have a bunch of bings kicking around. mostly cos it's silly, really

thanks so much for the charts, charlie! They are going to be so much help!

Leave it to dean to do a dean thing.

woaaah, Justin on ma!

goathead Chris gave me a bent kickstand for purple pain, it's magnum length but with the bend it's more like maxi length. I was gonna straitened it out, but I decided to just brace it as it is so it won't bend any further. works great

IMG_20200212_175436.jpg
IMG_20200212_191250.jpg

(edited)

spent some time sitting on the bike today trying to figure out where to put the starting clutch lever.

I'm usually more about practically than aesthetics with my bikes, but I have to allow myself a little leeway every once in awhile and I really don't want to put anything on the left side of the bar, other than the grip obviously. It just looks so rad to me with nothing on that side of the bar.

I don't wanna do the motomatic thing with a lever between the legs, tho it does look good and works pretty well.

I'm not sure right now, but I have some time to work something out. I'm open to ideas!

IMG_20200210_193330.jpg

Oh man, what's the OD of the bing intake and would a lever fit on it????

Put a suicide clutch lever on it.

Hmmm what about running the cable through the bars and having a twist grip or pull grip that actuates the cable but is hidden?

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hmmm what about running the cable through the bars and having a twist

> grip or pull grip that actuates the cable but is hidden?

That would be similar to the throttle I built and use for/on my Simplex :

Or throw an auto start clutch on it!

(Not sure if the different crank is needed for that swap though...)(edited)

what's the auto clutch?

still sussing out the starter clutch junk, made a bracket for the coil in the meantime

IMG_20200215_194356.jpg
IMG_20200215_194305.jpg
IMG_20200215_194030.jpg

It is the worst part of a variate bike on an e50. We had one. It is a dumb design. Bikes goes forward starter shoes engage. There is one for sale in buy sell. I think they were only a thing for a year? I could be wrong.

i just looked into them, they require a specific crank and i'm not really all that interested in trying to source all the parts and make that work.

wish I could spring for one of those kicker conversion kits, those look rad

What about a thumb shift lever from a bicycle for the clutch? Install it under the seat or someplace???

> ugp * Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What about a thumb shift lever from a bicycle for the clutch? Install it

> under the seat or someplace???

Saw some dude with the same deal. Used one half of the starter lever perch bolted under the back of the seat. Pretttty slick. Gotta start it on the stand tho or reach around for the lever.(edited)

80B170A1-3154-4836-A10D-102886C99685.jpeg

it's a good idea, I've been mocking up a lever kinda in the same way, under the seat. It's a little awkward, but would do the job.

Humm under the seat placement my be super cool if you can push down on the seat and pull the lever with your fingers. That easy you could operate the throttle on a push start.

But on the flip side pedal start might be awkward for sure.

hmm, maybe I should do a trucker horn pull start. Have like a section of bare cable under the seat that I can pull.

that could work ok, I think

hmmmmmmm

I'm giving double 12mm bings a shot on my LQ Airsal 505/d. I highly doubt I'll see any benefit over a single large carb but I too had the parts just hanging around.

Curious to hear how tuning goes. Did you ensure they are identical 14mm bings? My concern has been slight deviations between carbs.

I gave them a quick once over, same slides and needles. Good enough. There's nothing saying they should be identical, especially since they merge into one intake before the reed block, but I figure the closer to being twins, the less headache when it's time to tune

it has begun

IMG_20200222_135153.jpg
IMG_20200222_155211.jpg

Every moped I've seen built by you really has personality, not just standard shit.

I always wanted to have two pipes on my bike. One for low power and one for high power band. Have a gate valve so you could change from one pipe to the other. You could even have two carbs that were tuned for each pipe and switch between them, haha

not wanting wires on my bars, i went with the same kill switch i've used on a couple times now, ye ol lamp switch.

pull the seat off the weird subframe/strut thing

IMG_20200225_154102.jpg

made a bracket and welded it on

IMG_20200225_154757.jpg

the location puts the switch into the cavity in the tomos seat pan that's there to clear the oil injection bottle lid

IMG_20200225_155118.jpg

as seen here

IMG_20200225_172140.jpg

tada! no idea if the switch is on or off until you try to start the bike, but there's very little convenience factor on the bike anyway, so

IMG_20200225_172155.jpg

(edited)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

i love that. You should do one for the headlight!

Will confuse the hell out.of somebody.trying to steal it lol

I've used a simple push button switch for a head light delete . Hidden , of course . ;)

That head and cylinder hanging makes it look like a bull mastif lol

pipe is nearly fitted. need to make the rear mount and reposition the stinger/silencer.

while I dig the look, this was honestly done cos there's no room on the left side for a pipe with my back pedal brake garbage, and trying to fit the pipe low on the right side was getting in the way of the pedal arms and kickstand, so high pipe it is!

fuck that terrible plastic clear coat on these estorils btw

IMG_20200225_231617.jpg
IMG_20200225_233215.jpg

(edited)

IMG_20200225_235024.jpg
IMG_20200225_235308.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account