Re: Tampa Rally ?

It might be too warm .

I did a drive by of West shore Blvd. on my way out of town . :) . looks like a really fun place to do mopedy things . cant wait !!!!(edited)

5 miles on this road with only 3 red lights total won’t suck ... particular given the good sights your see running, walking, biking the sidewalk!

5661613D-B57F-40B5-8F0F-50536A85476B.jpeg

"Hey Google... Play 'We Ready' by Archie Eversole."

**Chugs and then smashes a half drank green sugarfree Monster on my forehead. Then makes a pair of fists in my leather, laced back, fingerless gloves.**

We been ready

Terbo Speghetti /

Came here looking for this thread, and there it was right at the top. Seems like everyone else is as amped as I am about this one.

We should bring swimwear, right? I feel like that's a necessity.(edited)

Hey Steve can you fill everyone in on the rally spot. What’s it look like? Is there room for cars or campers? How about a spot to pitch a tent or hammock?

Hellya you can jump in Bay. Plan is for us to be in a huge waterfront park that we should pretty much have to ourselves. I’m reserving a pavilion literally 100 feet from the Bay. We can do obstacle course races throughout the many parking lots; slow race; drag race; whatever while congregating and hanging out. That’s all just warmup for day rally swarm

Yo do you have a rough address so we're can hunt on a baller air bnb

FRIDAY: Theron may host a get together and night ride of downtown St Pete!

Fort Desota Park is about 10 miles from St Pete and has camping! Its on a peninsular and the beach was once rated best in the US. https://public.co.pinellas.fl.us/parks/ParksMain.jsp

SATURDAY: Pre-rally get together will likely be at Picnic Island. 7409 Picnic Island Blvd. Tampa, FL 33616

https://www.tampagov.net/parks-and-recreation/featured-parks/picnic-island-park

A good address for Air BnB would be 4817 S West Shore Blvd Tampa, FL 33611. It is close to the post-rally party and raffle. That address will likely be meet-up for Sunday gathering and optional closing ride.

tampatemp.jpg

Danielle Damico /

Fuck yeah. Buzzards - Mopitt - RVA - sounds like an east coast party!

> Danielle Damico Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Fuck yeah. Buzzards - Mopitt - RVA - sounds like an east coast party!

That's the plan!

QCB will be in full force also. SWOOPS coming??

> Steven TVM Wrote:

> SWOOPS coming??

I'd bet money on it!

Atlanta peeps will be there.

Swoops love North Georgia's weather in February. Prob just chill here.

Jk. A grip of us plan to come down. What's the nearest 4+ star hotel?

Now it’s a party. Florida riders say they’re representing too - Miami, Orlando, Jax, Tampa, St Pete and Sarasota riders all joining the swarm!

This will be my first rally.. is there a schedule yet as to where to meet at the start of each day, or do I just listen for the swarm?

Terbo Speghetti /

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

> Swoops love North Georgia's weather in February. Prob just chill here.

>

> Jk. A grip of us plan to come down. What's the nearest 4+ star hotel?

Damn, high roller. I don't even see movies with that many stars

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> > Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Swoops love North Georgia's weather in February. Prob just chill

> here.

>

> >

>

> > Jk. A grip of us plan to come down. What's the nearest 4+ star hotel?

>

> Damn, high roller. I don't even see movies with that many stars

LOL

Damn this is going to be a big rally. I'm heading down on Sunday to get settled in for the winter. Looks like I'll have my stage 6 hobbit ready in time. Stoked to the max about it.

You have about a dozen of us from Richmond coming to fuck your shit up.

A number of posts have asked for more information, but there doesn't seem to be any additional information. I went to https://tampavintagemopeds.com/events-1 and all I see is the date, but no "where" or schedule. Is there a link anywhere that shows where to meet each day, and are there any links to photos from past events? It seems like everyone knows the details and so there is no need to publish them, but how do the rookies join in?

Von, gotta covered. There used to be a badass rally in Inverness regularly, but its been a few years. TAMPA TANGLE (as in mass of loud, fast, rad mopeds) is the first annual Tampa rally ... giving all our northern brothren a chance to experience what a perfect winter feels like.

Plan to be in Tampa by 6pm Friday ... and begrudgingly leave sometime Sunday.

Soon I'll post:

- raffle bike

- official rally shirt

- sponsors that donated to raffle

- rally agenda

- tentative main rally route

I'm stoked we have a stage 6 hobbit at the rally ... we need someone to hang with the rear of the ride pack!

Lastly, I've determined we've set goal for this rally too low. F'k 150, we need 200+ moped maniacs swarming Tampa on Saturday Feb 8. No better place on earth to be

I cannot wait to eat all the Puerto Rican food I want. Not kidding - I'm half so that makes me Sorta Rican

POST-RALLY PARTY and RAFFLE : 81 BAY BREWING CO.

As of five minutes ago, the venue for our Saturday night bash just got a LOT bigger and better.

Enormous 18,000 sq ft active brewery and bar just penned us on calendar for the night!

Rally awards and raffle will take place on their stage ... as well as other debauchery.

They will be advertising that their monthly 2nd Saturday "Cars and Cigars" event is being swarmed with the Southeast's largest moped rally.

To top it all off, there is a 500 space parking lot in front of the brewery!!!

I've secured permission from the General Manager to keep rally attendees cars, vans, trucks, campers, trailers, mopeds OVERNIGHT SATURDAY.

Friday night you still have to figure out your own overnight accommodations/parking ... please don't be an a'hole and try stay both nights.

https://www.81baybrewco.com/about.html

https://www.81baybrewco.com/about.html

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 5.36.41 PM.png

I talked with the Nature Coast Scooter Club today. It is not a large group, but many of them also have mopeds and would like to attend the Tampa Rally. I'll get a head count when the time gets closer, but my guess is 4 or 5.. see:

Nature Coast Scooter Club

Hellya Vaughn! Anyone else bring a group to rally that hasn’t spoken up yet??

Role call for the dirty petcocks are they coming out?

I call smiles rides on the stage 6 hobbit.

What's up with the dice game? Bring ones

Who's up for a cash only arm wrestling tournament?

Can we talk LGN into making it so we can sit back and watch max wheelie?

Steve I'll we'll donate a raffle pack from the podcast.

How's the sea food?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account