Carb or pipe

You just got yourself moped. It's stock, and you changed fluids, tires, cables, seals, ect. It's time for a mod.. but only one! Do you go with a larger/tuneable carburetor or a better exhaust? I know some of you will say port the fucker! Or you gotta get both! Or keep it stock. I don't want those answers.

I wanna know: CARB OR PIPE

Re: Carb or pipe

Dirty30 Dillon /

Pipe, every time.

Pipe

Alex Fredericksen /

Pipe pipe pipe

Overpriced Parts /

Pipe, performance filter and up jet if needed but thats of course after you service your magneto including lube and checking/setting timing to factory specs

Pipe!

But if you carb your pipe you get a much better hit. *cough*

Pipe it is!

Maybe a carb guy will chime in?

carbs are generally "supporting mods," not "power mods."

in other words, a carb is only an issue if it's a) not functioning properly or b) undersized for the job.

a pipe is a different story.

This is for my Rieju rs1 if that makes any difference

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Pipe, beacuse with me we are always talking about Stock 30kmh(ca. 20mph) Maxi's and Supermaxi's, even a decatted, otherwise stock, 18mm Supermaxi Exhaust won't get you over 5'000rpm's, so about 18mph, i had a Setup thad did about 9'000rpm with a 22mm Exhaust, about 55kmh, 34mph, had to change to the Stock one, and boom, stock Topspeed, 18mph and 5'000rpm.

You can eat all you want , but, if it can't get out quick enough , you're gonna be hurting , big .

Same with your motor .

Overpriced Parts /

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Pipe, beacuse with me we are always talking about Stock 30kmh(ca. 20mph)

> Maxi's and Supermaxi's, even a decatted, otherwise stock, 18mm Supermaxi

> Exhaust won't get you over 5'000rpm's, so about 18mph, i had a Setup

> thad did about 9'000rpm with a 22mm Exhaust, about 55kmh, 34mph, had to

> change to the Stock one, and boom, stock Topspeed, 18mph and 5'000rpm.

Why even bother to have a moped at those low speed’s just ride 10-15 speed bicycle unless they give you a ticket for speeding on a bicycle or make you put that on dynometer too,

Damn that must suck going 18mph on a motorbike,

In the states most mopeds all you have to do is make a filter and jetting change and you could go 35 mph, some brands of mopeds did 35-40 mph stock doin nothing

I can't imagine trying to get anywhere with a top speed of 18mph

You guys are spoiled rotten . LOL

Me , too . I don't want to pedal a bike doing 18 MPH . 5 maybe .

Anyway , if I can sit back and have a little motor haul my lazy butt around at 18 , great .

That leaves me more energy to waste whenever I happen to get anywhere .

Just remember : The quicker you get there , the quicker you'll find out there isn't any there there . So , find a way to make getting there pay rewards , like sweet smelling roses . Heck , even sex would get pretty boring with all climax and no foreplay . ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you've never ridden a solex around, or mosquito/etc., you're missing out on a whole level of enjoyment

You'd be hard pressed to find a bike where the carb is undersized in stock configuration. Unless the stock carb is untunable (fixed main, no mixture adjustment) you should never upgrade your carb first.

Pipe>cylinder>carb

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> If you've never ridden a solex around, or mosquito/etc., you're missing

> out on a whole level of nothing but slow suck ass movement

I don’t feel nothing un til I get to get to the 35-40 mph speed limit on city roads/most roads,

I guess you guys must live in like a 1 mi sq Area city!

what the hell! I guess you guys don’t want to go anywhere!

I mean it’s pretty hard to keep on the Ohio or Pennsylvania Turnpike unless you go 85 to 90 miles an hour!

wow I can’t believe how dumb people are!

I guess you never had your father or grandfather say you got to keep up with traffic on the street or highway or you’ll get run down killed or whatever,

And I told these things to the cops who pull me me over and they said you’re correct if you don’t keep up with the traffic you’ll cause an accident and most times I get out of a ticket! But not every time!

Ken ,

Not everyone has to be anywhere anytime soon .

I've spent a good share of my life avoiding crowds of any sort and that includes busy roads .

Give me a back road any day over a busy , can't get there soon enough , kinda road . ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Ken, you sound like you have a lot of places to be in a hurry.

Maybe you should give up mopeds and lease a nice Kia. Let us slowpokes in the city handle mopeds.

The difference is, in most parts of mainland Europe, people have grown up with bicycles and mopeds around. People generally don't speed around and are very aware of mopeds/scooters/motorbikes/bicycles, as they probably ride of have ridden any of the above on the road, so awareness of them is ingrained.

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Ken, you sound like you have a lot of places to be in a hurry.

>

> Maybe you should give up mopeds and lease a nice Kia. Let us slowpokes

> in the city handle mopeds.

I’m in as much as hurry as the traffic is! Keep with the flow or don’t go!

I had city living for more than half my life, traffic/drivers were horrible then (I had a bad moped accident hit by drunk driver in 1977 who had suspended license on my new only 2 week old moped) and its even worse now with poorly trained distracted drivers,

I have to go in 2 city’s several times a month (by car) and wow it’s bad, got to be on the defense all times, cops don’t ticket most times unless your 11-14 mi over limit and don’t pull people over for not using turn signals because they’re afraid of lawsuits so so you got people flying by you on both sides not using signals if you keep to the limit

A bike with takeoff fast as car normal takes off, speed that can keep up with the speed of traffic on whatever road (which can be 10 mi over limit) kinda loud pipes and hogging the lane kept me going since that bad 1977 accident,

Slow ebikes/scooters that came out recently get clocked/recked all the time as well as many amish buggy accidents every year not too far from me,

All the warning signs in the world doesn’t help when you’re topping a hill on a 45-50mph road in your car and a Amish buggy going 12mph is right there, they should be outlawed, for most roads have minimum speed limit,

Like I first said “keep with the flow or don't go”

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account