Re: LGBT Moped peeps.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

Where the mods at?

MA is inclusive, the website no so much.

Kimberly Anne From The Internet /

Lina is also like to point out majority of these people do not have logos next to their name. They are not official MA. This forum is basically like fb except you can't choose who you see and don't see on your feed or posts. Unfortunately this is a terrible thread representing MA in general, but I hope you don't view it as a whole this way. Moped Army clubs are very open minded and shut shit like this down promptly. Don't let the randos ruin a fun hobby! Many of us are are cool kids!

Sarah Scouten (formerly Schutt) /

Hey Lina! Welcome! I'm going to start off with I stopped reading about halfway down the first page cause god damn.

Please dont be discouraged to be who you are and want to get to know people in your community, both the moped and LGBTQ communities, by some of the comments in this thread. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the original intent of your post. Us ladies have our own Facebook page, try to meet up during rallies, and also try to fo rides if possible of just us girls. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to connect with people like you. Hell there's a thread about moped riders and video games where people can connect that are part of both the moped and gaming communities. If people are complaining about a thread combining mopeds and LGBTQ and are hunky dory with a thread combining mopeds and video games, well, that's a bigger issue right there.

There's so many people in the moped community that are LGBTQ. I stopped reading after a few jokes from others about being trans. It was completely uncalled for. Please feel free to come to Toledo and hang out whenever! We have a massive LGBTQ community here in the city. Also please come hang with the Zeros at rallies! Most Zeros members are part of both communities as well

I've been keeping an eye on this as a mod and trying to police it, i haven't moved it to OT because i think its important to have a conversation about inclusivity and the way we address some of these issues in the moped community.

If anyone sees any specific comments that don't follow the Code of Conduct, please click 'report' and i'll do my best to hide them promptly.

In the mean time lets all keep an open mind and listen to each other. If we want moped army to continue to thrive and grow, its important to be considerate of all people, avoid intentionally inflammatory language, and leave your prejudices or assumptions at the door.

Angry Hipster /

I'm not going to lie, I've learned from this. I think your average straight guy doesn't understand this stuff or the struggles these people go through. I know I didn't, and it makes sense that the person shouldn't be joked with etc and that they would want to find people who are dealing with the same issues.

Good luck in your search and I hope you have fun with mopeds and MA, just remember you have to have patience when dealing with immature moped lovers.

We ride mopeds, our sexualities should be obvious ;)

Try not to be discouraged, MA is an indispensable source of moped information and second to none when it comes to getting advice on just about anything moped related.(edited)

The most smoothbrained, CHUD filled thread on MA right now. This is fucking embarrassing.

If you read it the OPseemed to make the thread with a chip on their shoulder and threw the first punch with people welcoming tbem aboard.

Angry Hipster /

"CIS," "CHUD," "Hate" and blasting MA on other forums.

It's a shit show on both sides.

People do need to lose shoulder chips, be more understanding, and get along. But quit with the insults (Both Sides)

-Riprips- Taylor Durdan /

> Alexis Wilber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've never been to a rally where I haven't been accepted. Were all here

> sharing and loving the same hobby and always encouraging each others

> knowledge and love for these shitty mopeds. Nobody cares that I'm a

> lesbian, hell they love it, AHAHAHAHA! Just this past weekend was the

> Tampa Tangle in Florida and my partner got on stage, IN FRONT OF

> EVERYONE at the raffle party and asked to be my girlfriend! Everyone

> cheered and loved it. If there is one thing about this moped community

> that I know and love dearly that keeps me thriving for more and more

> rallies, is the love everyone has for each other, no matter what you

> represent yourself as.

I wish I was inside the brewery for that! I heard the girls planning it outside and I think that's so rad. I stayed outside to watch all the bikes during the raffle because Tampa can be sketchy and people were lurking in the parking lot.

Super great meeting everyone this past weekend, too! I was the local that tried to help get your ped up and running.

I tried to not post in this thread because it went to shit real quick. As a straight male, I honestly have zero idea what a person goes through when transitioning; physically or socially. And i won't pretend to know what it's like to live with stigma. I think a person is measured by their actions, not so much their words. Anyone is welcome to visit Tampa and ride with me, though. If you're LGBT+, and want to hang with like minded folks, we can go to some pretty great hangouts. Ybor city is welcoming and supporting of all walks of life.

I swear the epidemic even hit here the place we thought we were safe..

Tell the aliens to go back to where they came from

> Maitland Of the Loin Wrote:

> I wish Deezy was still around

He's doing well, I talk to him time to time. Love his artwork and would like to own and original by him.

HAH! I think it's so funny you heard the girls talking about it cause I had no clue, ahahahaha LADY KINGS FUCKKKKKK

Also thanks for trying to help me get the ped going! Glad we all put our heads together and figured it out!(edited)

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> "CIS," "CHUD," "Hate" and blasting MA on other forums.

>

> It's a shit show on both sides.

>

> People do need to lose shoulder chips, be more understanding, and get

> along. But quit with the insults (Both Sides)

No. CHUDS OUT.

Angry Hipster /

Eh I don't even know why I tried to play moderator I'm not gay, I'm not a conservative... I guess I just wanted people to get along.

I hope the person finds the people they're looking for and I wish people would be cool to each other, but if they want to insult and be insensitive that's their business and maybe Simon's.

There's a difference between "I don't care what your sexuality or gender is" and saying "I DO care, and will stand up for you, and actively combat prejudice to ensure that you feel safe and welcomed in this community" I think the latter is true of most of moped army affiliated folks and I would seriously question anyone in my club or this organization who'd challenge that.

I'd also like to point out there's a difference between "I don't understand what was offensive, but want to" and "I don't understand what was offensive - therefore you shouldn't be offended"

It's a very thin line between honest and empathetic, and selfishly defensive.

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> Eh I don't even know why I tried to play moderator

The Moped Army has their own moderators on here, you don't need to do anything for them.

carl jepsen /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> There's a difference between "I don't care what your sexuality or gender

> is" and saying "I DO care, and will stand up for you, and actively

> combat prejudice to ensure that you feel safe and welcomed

Sounds to me like virtue signaling is a requirement to being MA official

Sounds to me like you shouldn't log on to this site ever again.

Brandon. Not happy with the results on the thread that you started so you are adding your words of wisdom to this one?

carl jepsen /

Maybe every comment about idiots on mopeds with butterfly tattoos shouldn't be taken so personal.

Butterfly tattoos are rad, I'm getting one right on my forehead and the text above it's going to say " Just spread your wings and fly baby" in comic sans.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account