benelli g2

how do you or what do I need to do to split this case?

all the bolt are out and I've banged on it with a rubber mallet but still a no go.

Re: benelli g2

Dirty30 Dillon /

You've pulled all the transmission internals and the electronics? Once all those auxiliary items are removed, you're good to go.

Remember, the main bearings are press fit into the cases, so you have to over come that fit. Heat will help.

use a puller or a press to separate 2t cases. usually the manual will tell you where to pull from. the stator mounts are a good place to put machine screws to mount a puller.

I own a press and a steering wheel puller. have done both ways many times.

Robert Parr /

I have a steering wheel puller, I'll give that a try, Thanks

when you put the machine screws in for the puller make sure they are screwed in all the way. if you don't you'll ruin aluminum threads and not get it split.

Robert Parr /

this is what both sides of the casing look like.

guess I don't have the right steering wheel puller, not sure from here?

IMG_0389.jpg
IMG_0390.jpg

post a pic of your puller.

should kinda plop open. use a 2 jaw or yeah a puller and thread some long bolts or anything to pull it apart/. or more mallet whapping

Robert Parr /

Thanks to all, I got it

Those usually come apart pretty easy. If it gives you a hard time put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 200-250. Wear gloves .

ADVICE ON Garelli

Patrick Horstmann /

I noticed you have a Garelli. I have a 1979 Garelli, VIP Deluxe 2 speed. It was locked up when I first got it and have recently got it running again. I noticed the transmission was slipping so i changed the oil from 5w-30 to a SAE 80W/85W Pro Honda oil used in racing bikes that is exactly the same break down as an SAE 30 non detergent. It is no longer slipping and shifts good but once I ride it for about 30 min and everything heats up....the period of shift between first and second gear takes a little longer and it is a little slower to climb up to max speed. Was wondering if there was something I should look at to help this issue. When first starting and riding it, it takes off and shifts pretty fast and excels to top speed fairly quickly, but as it heats up, from a stop sign the take off, shift, and acceleration seems slower. Looking for tips, thanks so much!

Re: ADVICE ON Garelli

Dirty30 Dillon /

As far as my understanding, there is no way that SAE 30 (read: 30 weight) is the same as 80/85 gear oil in terms of viscocity.

Re: ADVICE ON Garelli

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> As far as my understanding, there is no way that SAE 30 (read: 30

> weight) is the same as 80/85 gear oil in terms of viscocity.

Yeah gear oil is way more viscous than SAE 30

Yes, go back to the sae 30 non-detergent for your garelli. That gear oil is going to get too hot and gummy. The sae30 is motor oil and will not gum up when warm.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Disregard my below advice. This applies only to the one and two speed NOI motor, not the VIP motor.

In any event, I’d still open up that tranny cover. I can guarantee that the six little plastic bushings are all melted and stuck to the clutch rubber. It’s gonna need to be cleaned out and bushings replaced before you replace the oil. (edited)

Not that it's a good idea , but , if the thicker 80W oil made you happy , until the heats takes over , maybe try using 140W gear oil or if you really want to see a difference , just fill it with bearing grease . LOL

Do not do that^ .

Maybe try running 15w40 diesel oil . It's what I run in my FA50 after trying just about every other type and weight oil .

PD, is the diesel oil a non detergent oil? If not it will eat up the rubber clutches in a garelli.

Garellis are a fickle beast. Gawd I just wish the jammer clutches would be more readily available for them then you can run whatever oil your heart desires.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> PD, is the diesel oil a non detergent oil? If not it will eat up the

> rubber clutches in a garelli.

>

Diesel oil is a detergent oil , in fact it has special detergents . So , that probably wouldn't be a good thing to try .

Sorry to have mislead anyone .

I suppose diesel could be used IF the clutch 'rubber' was a thermal plastic or possibly polyurethane .

Seems I recall reading something on that order a while back ... It was Willd :

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4264377

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account