Should I paint these wheels black?

I got these wheels from moped junkyard a few days ago and I was thinking about painting them black.

20200210_214009.jpg

Re: Should I paint these wheels black?

Theres a lot of work to be done to this moped but it runs.

Powdercoat would prob last longer

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

i like the og "golden" bullet.

Me too that's why I dont know if I should.

Powdercoat them black ( after you replace seat cover). ;)

Lol the seat cover I think I'll do later. First have to fix my rear brake cable and lever. And some wiring issues and maybe some side covers. And a estoril exhaust for it because I read those are awesome on these mopeds. Last person who had this one took the restrictions out and its loud as hell. Really loud. I do want to paint them black and will powdercoat them but like the other man said the golden bullet original styles does look dope. Maybe if I painted the bike black with some new stickers and kept the wheels the same? I dont know aha. That's why I'm here. If there was a poll system it be much better to figure this shit out. But yea, I definitely need a new seat looks like someone slashed this one with a box cutter.(edited)

It's a Tomos it's going to end up with a peeling rattle can black paint job no matter what

True see many of those around

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Id paint the wheels before i painted the frame... but i love that metallic blue color tomos used. But the gold on blue looks good too, you really cant go wrong either way.

FYI, if you dont get blue side covers than paint whatever set you put on their black with the wheels. Matching that blue will be hard too do, while back covers on a blue bike will look nice.

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you can't make an aesthetic decision on your own, just don't make one and leave it be.

> Les B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Powdercoat them black ( after you replace seat cover). ;)

Replace the seat cover (after you put turn signals on it).

12D2C31C-5EF1-480D-8C30-D6301360F888.jpeg

ap, I have an extra metallic blue side cover if you need one. I had to buy a pair, but only needed one.

your gonna spend a dick ton of money to get the bike and rims painted by a pro. you could go cheap and rattle can the bike but its gonna look like shit. i vote for a thorough polish and wax. take Les' bike as an example that OG blue paint is really nice save the patina and some money.(edited)

lol I just asked this question, but thinking more about spokes. Mag wheels yeah fuckin' rattle can that shit and touch it up later with more spraypaint

I probably wouldnt personally, the paint looks good on those and the gold works well. but if the stock paint just came flaking off, which is pretty common, yea sure, theyre already solid color and have few creases or divots so it's an easy candidate. Plus the back wheel's gonna turn black on it's own cuz tomos.

pull em off the bike, pull the tires off (faster than the card trick and more ideal tho likely to mar it reinstalling the tires) clean it paint it and toss em back on. close-up touchup anything later. party.

Actually black would go better with that color blue than any other color. But let me make it clear it is just my opinion.

Hey live evil! could you give me a run down of exactly what i would need to put turn signals on my 2004 sprint? Thanks

I have the same exact rims on my bike and I re painted it that gold color. I was afraid someone might think my rims were really made of gold and steal them but after the paint dried it looks normal.

> mark barney Wrote:

> Hey live evil! could you give me a run down of exactly what i would

> need to put turn signals on my 2004 sprint? Thanks

Best to start a new thread , rather than high-jacking a thread on a different subject .

Mark. At your home page use the Search mode. Type in Tomos A3 turn signal installation. It will bring up a lot of helpful past threads, or WIKI. Good luck!

> mark barney Wrote:

> Hey live evil! could you give me a run down of exactly what i would

> need to put turn signals on my 2004 sprint? Thanks

My comment was directed at the o.p. Ive never owned a tomos. Nothing wrong with them at all. Was being somewhat of a smart ass in my own weird kooky kinda way, but with a touch of reality. I favor complete bikes unless its just a flat out custom from the ground up. Also there's the safety factor in a world of intolerance, impatience and distracted driving.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account