Re: Derbi RD-50 adventures

The local dump facilities that take trade waste. They should have a weigh bridge.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Lol, yeah just take it to the local south Brooklyn gravel pit/dump.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Lol, yeah just take it to the local south Brooklyn gravel pit/dump.

Just trying to help. Sorry I dont know where the OP lives.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Bump, found a local scrap yard with a certified scale that said they'd weigh my bike! Starting to get excited that I might actually be able to ride this thing now.

Wheeled it out of the garage yesterday for the first time in a few weeks, I had forgotten just how big it is. Took some measurements to see if it might fit inside my element, nope. Its 6 foot 4 inches long from nose to tail, and 3 foot 8 inches tall at the bars

Yeah I kinda hate how large they are actually. They’re bigger than a dt50, like a ts125 size but super underpowered and just fucking donging over every bump.

I feel like those specs should allow it to fit into the element. Granted you need the rear seats out, and the front passenger seat all the way forward. I can fit a dt50 in there standing straight up, it just requires you to angle it slightly to fit under the door hatch and then it’s larger inside.

Mine fits in my Previa. Just need to drop the bars back

Finally got it registered! So now I can actually ride it around an get it dialed in. Next group ride is in a few weeks, can't wait to show it off and get some good footage of it ripping. It gets to 45 really quick, when i get the main jetting set and the variator tuned i think it might hit 50. Im being pretty optimistic though, this bike is a chonker, big and heavy.

20200726_125908.jpg

Forgot to say, all the headache with registering it was caused by simply leaving the dash out of RD-50. All the forms had RD50 on it, but its in the system as RD-50...at least in NY...Im amazed they weren't able to put two and two together. For anyone looking to register one, keep that in mind.

State and federal Bureaucrats are usually not very capable of helping. Typically they go right for nope, instead of let’s see what we can do to get this done.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I kinda hate how large they are actually. They’re bigger than a

> dt50, like a ts125 size but super underpowered and just fucking donging

> over every bump.

couple of us (I missed out) went riding offroad last weekend, ts50x (air-cooled 5 speed 70 kit) and a RD-50 and a KE100 and some other stuff, and the RD50 really held it together hard, better than the ts (which in turn is better than a stock DT50)

I mean partly I think it was rider and def gearing but the high RPM 50shifty setup couldn't handle big climbs at all

derek from black pipes moped gang 🌧 /

Hey that was my rd50 will is talking about! It was really in its element on the trails. Definitely had to pedal it up the bigger hills but like will said it definitely outpaced some of the other bikes. The problem tho was riding to and from the spot. 30mph isn’t much fun on 55mph roads.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account