Dumbest moped related thing you've ever done

I'll start. Yesterday I bought a YSR50 in parts. Got it to the garage, it was dark out, unloaded it, went home. After work today I went down to the garage to take a better look at what I'm missing, and bam, the motor isn't there. I must have taken it out of my truck to unload the chassis, left it next to the dumpster in the alley and forgot about it. Wherever it is, I hope it'll be ripping dicks soon

Re: Dumbest moped related thing you've ever done

Angry Hipster /

Held a jet with bare fingers while holding up to an air gun,, Air compresses through the orifice and gets HOT.. jet went flying, never found it.

Took apart a motor, lost parts. Now I'll look for another motor.

When 14 I would ride my express with my eyes closed so that I could open them up and be in a new spot, like teleporting or something, I would up in a ditch...

Later I put a scooter wheel on said express and rode around with no brakes like an idiot because I watched Orange County Choppers.

I guess selling some of the cool mopeds I've owned and hooking people up and expecting to find a cheap bike next time I'm in the market has to be my greatest dumb move.

Get into to mopeds.

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> When 14 I would ride my express with my eyes closed so that I could open

> them up and be in a new spot, like teleporting or something, I would up

> in a ditch...

Goddamn that could have turned out a lot worse for you haha

Not paying attention on loose gravel . :(

Bought a Sebring over the Internet, pretty drunk, got it, went to bed, got up, tried to turn it over, no dice, opened it up, no trans guts! :)

Overpriced Parts /

Left with almost completely flat tires to the gas station to fill them up at the air pump and it was broke down

Wow, gonna be tough to beat some of these so far^^^. Let's see.....

Bought two cherry Tomos ST kicks as a wedding present for my friend and his financed, and they broke up before the wedding..LOL.. now stuck with the STs

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> I'll start. Yesterday I bought a YSR50 in parts. Got it to the garage,

> it was dark out, unloaded it, went home. After work today I went down to

> the garage to take a better look at what I'm missing, and bam, the motor

> isn't there. I must have taken it out of my truck to unload the chassis,

> left it next to the dumpster in the alley and forgot about it. Wherever

> it is, I hope it'll be ripping dicks soon

costly mistake....mine is basic. making nonreversible hacks to a oem bike. in my defense it was one crusty roach, and free.....

Pushrod Fifty /

I sold a guy a Malaguti that I had tore down to rebuild but realized that it was too far gone to fix. Someone had cracked the case and bent the crank trying to remove the flywheel.

I sold it for $50, What I paid for it. The guy came and picked up the parts but didn't take the motor. It sat out for a while, maybe a month, before I noticed it and messaged the guy, he came out to grab it but he didn't know he didn't have it after all of that time.

I rented a 50cc scooter in germany, took it on a long tour. I didnt have good maps service and roads don't continue really with the same name so I'd follow the signs to whatever town was next. Sometimes small roads, sometimes bigger. But one time, the road it put me on was the autobahn. fun fun fun.

up shits creek /

bought a second one. then third.....then...shit

> up shits creek Wrote:

> bought a second one. then third.....then...shit

Dumped 450+ dollars into a Sachs for it to top out at 30 mphs.

> Von Zy Wrote:

> Bought two cherry Tomos ST kicks as a wedding present for my friend and

> his financed, and they broke up before the wedding..LOL.. now stuck with

> the STs

You're not STUCK with the Tomos peds, but I can see you like scooters better by your profile.

Someone here would take them off your hands.

Dumbest thing...………..before I knew anything about my Sebring moped, I was out on a 100 mile ride and it quit about 70 miles into it. About twenty miles from Jackson on a 4-lane,but I would've taken back roads home.

Called Linda to pick me up. Right before she got there I saw the tank was empty and I could've gotten to a gas station easily if I'd just checked the tank and knew about reserve. She'd made the trip,so I rode home in the van.

Simon Belmont /

While riding, instead of paying attention to mostly what's ahead on the road, started to look at the rear view mirrors to see if anyone was approaching, car in front stopped short during yellow light, in an attempt not to hit it, pulled on the brake levers and swirled to the right to avoid collision, moped turned over with a whole impact on elbow, snapped humerus bone, couldn't lift the arm up, xray showed multiple fractures, after the surgery couldn't ride for half a year. (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Not me but a branch has the arrow pointing the wrong way!

Upjet is not not down jet as far as fuel flow direction is concerned so the logo is wrong from what it says!

CD40E669-6B8A-4DDD-BAFF-A321F8530EC8.jpeg

I posted one picture wow what a glitch!

Lolz. Ken does have a point. When viewing the jet as it would be positioned in a working carb it would look like this:

moped-army-3a94935d6563d05e1de5135892c11577.jpg

idiots.

Put an e50 on a tomos arrow and then spent hundreds trying to compensate for the weird gearing that kept fucking the bike up

You are free to come to NYC and try to correct it

Case matched a V1 for a Polini kit. Didn't realize the mag side of the case doesn't have a lot of meat on it until I grinded a hole in it.

And im not set up to weld aluminum.

Luckily, I know a guy, and 20 bucks and an hour later, I've got a nice big pile of fresh aluminum I can grind into.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Coming back on laundry day empty army duffle just the detergent in it. Wearing it whilst riding the slack end of the strap grabbed into the rear sprocket. Result crushed chestwall and loads of roadrash I had to hook it onto the bars before itchoked me out 35 mph cartwheel.

Never have anything that can get caught when you ride.

Angry Hipster /

I took a long flat blade screwdriver and was ramming it up the tail pipe of an express to break up carbon. I kept ramming that screwdriver and finally the carbon broke free and my hand/screwdriver kept going and I jammed my finger into the tailpipe really hard. I had a decent gash in my finger and the bonus of deeply embedded dirt/rust in the cut..... I should get another tetanus shot now that I think about it....luckily the finger healed and bike runs great..

A few weeks later I was drilling out a broken exhaust stud on an alu cylinder and I was using a small bit for a pilot hole and it broke and gashed another finger...

This weekend I noticed the front brake arm on my Puch was making noise and I sprayed it with wd40. I think it got inside the drum and I'll maybe need new shoes.......

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Wash em with brake cleen. Or use draino.

I was riding my rigid pepi across a very busy bridge and I guess I didn't weld the tail light bracket on very well because it snapped off. Of course the bike dies because the wires came disconnected. Had to push it the rest of the way to a safe place so I could connect wires and ride home with light in one hand. Also was at a red light and looked down at my front wheel and saw the front axle bolts dancing around in circles trying to turn them off the axle. Was kinda funny at the time but glad I wasn't blasting on a back road.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Tried to install a center stand spring on a Puch with a vice grip. Vice grip slipped off of spring and hit me in the head. I had blood running all down my face. Now I have a 2” scar on my bald head.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account