Motobecane cady

I just got this cady. I’m wondering if any one had re built one ? What motor do I have. ? What upgrades are possible? We’re should I buy parts ?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: Motobecane cady

I just got one of these going the other day. Pretty fun bikes, light and nimble. Won’t melt your face, but will certainly out a smile on it. It’s not possible to upgrade anything on these without a ton of work. It is called an isodyne engine and there are no aftermarket parts out there at all. Dos had a few spares for me and I have some engine bits that I’m not using if you needed something like ignition or top end parts. They sold me a 2 bearing engine, most of these isodyne engines only have one crank bearing.

Probably best to sell it and pick up a hobbit, moby or puch or something if you want to rip. as they are very small and if you were to get more power out of it.

Sundaymorningmotors.com had some parts for a while, and I think maybe a whole engine? Worth a look. Super odd-ball machine, as stated above pretty much zero performance potential, but is super neat imo, I love weird stuff! The intake design just blows me away. Enjoy.

That is a M1PRTS model with the earlier isodyne engine, later ones had the super isodyne engine with two main bearings. Canadian Tire imported those for a number of years in the 1970s as their camp bike, so there are a lot of M1 and M3s around. The PR had no suspension front or back, the PRT had front telescopic suspension and the PRTS had front and rear.

CTCmanualCover.JPG

No aftermarket performance parts, so aside from putting a M3 intake and swapping the Gurtner 10mm for a Dellorto SHA14:12, then removing the inner exhause sleeve... you are done with bolt on performance parts. The jug can be mildly ported and take good advantage of the third transfer port.

You could if you want transplant a AV7 dimoby single speed to the bike and give that motor a goodly port with SHA15:15 and 15mm intake, simple derestricted stock pipe and you can get moving quite quickly on that small frame

Cady14.JPG

> James Tedford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just got this cady. I’m wondering if any one had re built one ? What

> motor do I have. ? What upgrades are possible? We’re should I buy parts

> ?

Rebel,

Wait av7 with a di moby bolts in? That’s pretty rad. The engine I got from dos was a super isodyne is plenty fast for how little it is. The rear pulley on mine is thrashed, I hammered it straight-ish, brazed the pedal detent and replaced the bearings, it works but it is a little wobbly. I also have a belt that is a little too narrow, do you happen to have any idea what the proper length belt is?

Thanks!

1232BECE-7416-4A33-A13D-BF22CB96BF14.jpeg

(edited)

The AV7 single is not plug and play but not difficult to mod the bike to take it AND you canmake adapters that can be reverted back to the isodyne configuration if you want.

If it is the wide pulleys I throw on a 5L-300 or B27, if narrow then A28 or 4L300

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Rebel,

>

> Wait av7 with a di moby bolts in? That’s pretty rad. The engine I got

> from dos was a super isodyne is plenty fast for how little it is. The

> rear pulley on mine is thrashed, I hammered it straight-ish, brazed the

> pedal detent and replaced the bearings, it works but it is a little

> wobbly. I also have a belt that is a little too narrow, do you happen to

> have any idea what the proper length belt is?

>

> Thanks!

> >

I have some random good year belt that was on our shelf that is ~27 inches on it right now. It works, but is a little narrow and kinda hard to pedal start since the stand is made of cheddar cheese.

FHP V belts make it easy to get the correct length and width belt for inches measure

also can get them at a hardware store if you are out and a belt fails or inverts.

the A or 4L belt is 1/2 inches wide, 5/16 tall

the B or 5L belt is 5/8 inches wide, 3/8 tall

The L sizes are easier for ordering

If you ask for 4L-270 it gives you 27 inches long belt

If you ask for 5L-270 it gives you 27 inches long belt

There is no 1/2 size like 4L-275 so next longer is 4L-280...

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> I have some random good year belt that was on our shelf that is ~27

> inches on it right now. It works, but is a little narrow and kinda hard

> to pedal start since the stand is made of cheddar cheese.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account