ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

so how much was it worth?

Re: What the hell is this moped ?

Glad you saved it.

Poor little guy was scared

Jeremy Homser /

Now all you need is an engine and a set of side covers. Looks like a fun project!

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Poor little guy was scared

Right? Like going to the animal shelter and seeing those scared homeless animals.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Glad you got it! Dont hold out on us, what did they let it go for?

I had a citti bike complete roller that I traded guy that worked at the scrap yard for it with a v1 I had guy just wanted a moped it’s a za50 bike with factory Dellorto carb and Motoplat???? Allso has a very strange decomp ps.. also have all covers.

4BD8A3EE-E940-4B42-86F7-9F6C5E60C285.jpeg

Weird

F6E747A2-DA6D-4B41-A15A-394FD6EB8891.jpeg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Post more pics of the engine and cylinder, might be a higher horsepower model. You going to fix it up?

Going to fix it up I have most everything beside a weird front sprocket cover and a chain and part of the air box.

those r siiiiick. DOS has a few. i want a 3 gang someday...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Does the seat lift up? Looks like a storage compartment kind of like a Batavus. You have all the main pieces i would care about, just throw a different air filter on it and ride it!

I have yet to see another in the states prove me wrong it’s not a x50

Going to work on this soon are there’s even real can’t find anything about it

X50-3.jpg

Mine is an X50/3 3 speed handlebar shift. Many of these were made as MOFAs 30km/hr (18mph) restricted to avoid the high euro taxes on faster vehicles. Mine was a MOFA. The case was made smaller so you could not put a regular Puch cylinder on it. I got a 50 kit and honed the skirt to make it work, added a chamber and a 14.14 and voila! 38mph and wheelie poppin

Even the rear sprocket for MOFA was made with oddly placed mounting holes. Had to drill a smaller sprocket to fit.

Many of these were made as MOFAs 30km/hr (18mph) restricted to avoid the high euro taxes on faster vehicles.

As far as i know it has more to do with not having to wear a helmet on <30kmh mopeds. You don't pay taxes for mopeds.

In Germany the cops have dynos in some cars to check the top speed, and they confiscate tuned ones that are improperly registered. Maybe different in Netherlands. The registration costs are way more over 30kph there and other countries.

Ahh moped army..... read the full post it’s a puchCaribe super rare only one in the us I’m sure it’s not a x50 it’s not a x40 it’s a Caribe

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

> austin hunt Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ahh moped army..... read the full post it’s a puchCaribe super rare

> only one in the us I’m sure it’s not a x50 it’s not a x40 it’s a Caribe

Okay, it's not an x40 or x50, but according to this guy it's a rebranded X80. If true, that would make it an automatic 2 speed.

It looks pretty fucking close. If not a rebranded X80, then a successor to it. It looks to be a Spanish made Puch manufactured by Avello/MV.

M_1979_PUCH_X80_01.jpg

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account