Seat reupholstering.

I’m capable of Many different patterns and plain vinyl seats I have several puch seat patterns on hand. Free spirt, long seat, standard maxi long seat and solo. No magnum yet I’m working on it. For rare or hard to find seats I can give you a price depending on the complexity of the pattern and materials. You pay to ship it. Flat rate is cheap. Shoot me a message if you’re interested. 100% will not steal your seat guarantee.

5BE56058-956E-4C67-A12A-5CED333DE3CC.jpeg
B9E6F29E-F194-47F4-960C-2D7C8445ADDA.jpeg

Re: Seat reupholstering.

Sent you a pm

Looks like good work man. I just heard of you guys recently. I'm a transplant live out in western Mass now but I grew up in Southeastern Rhode Island. I notice your use of the "Andre the Giant has a possee" sticker in your logo. I'd like to ride with you guys at some point. I'm still down in Warwick area every now and then.

We have been throwing Thursday night rides out of Warren RI. If you’re on Facebook you can join “vintage mopeds RI” and then you will know whenever we wrench or ride! Hope to see you out there.

Pm'd!!

Bookmarking for if / when my Sebring LTD seat has to be redone. Looks like great work

Thanks a lot! you can email me anytime at Mrdanhetu@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you

My friends think I'm crazy for keeping my old singer around. They just don't understand the craftsmanship. I LOVE using the treadle on mine, but have the motor if I want it....such strong machines, lots of control.

Do you have any trouble finding bobbin's? They seem to be an odd size on my machine.

> Dan Hetu Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks a lot! you can email me anytime at Mrdanhetu@gmail.com. I look

> forward to hearing from you

Looks like fine work there Dan. I may have to use your'e services in future.

It’s a great machine! They are very abundant and much like mopeds when someone with no experience finds one they automatically think it’s worth $600.00.

I’ve tried using class 66 bobbins from a local store. They need to be sanded down with high grit paper to fit. I would recommend looking for original singer class 66 bobbins on eBay.

When you ship me your seat I’m able to make a pattern and custom fitting cover. Having your seat makes it easier to guarantee my work.

E77E50F4-E5A5-4B91-81FF-5E3D8634EBC9.jpeg
3F31DE98-8342-4E8C-AF70-8676ACB215A5.jpeg
08FBD11D-AE01-4B41-B380-4D3A46C2AB0E.jpeg

Dan does an awesome job with these seats. I have seen his handy work up close and personal.

Dang, I just took mine in to an upholstery shop, 95 bucks for an SS seat.

I did my XT350 seat on a regular old Brother sewing machine and about 9 bucks in materials .

Good job looks nice.

Sounds just about right. You’re paying mostly for labor.

That was about 11 years ago .

Even though I used marine grade vinyl , the sun and other elements has done a hard number on that cover . The bike lives outside and hasn't seen cover since ...

I'll be redoing it this summer .

Told em to get it as close to stock as possible, my old seat was torn up.

Seat.jpg
Seat Old.jpg

Looks the same as my machine.

2cc2a66e.jpg
63c0864c.jpg

Ive done this sort of thing before in the past. Wish I had pics. I used my moms singer from the 70s. It had its limitations on material tho. Always wanted to get something more rugged to handle leather and thick vinyl. The biggest factor for seats is having the old cover for a pattern. Then hopefully the foam is in good shape. If not, there are high density closed cell foams that can be carved with electric knives to the needed shape. Used to see a group of guys on the road that specialized in re shaping and replacing foam in motorcycle seats at Harley events around the country. Sewing is actually quite fun and satisfying.

This thing here is at a peddlers mall for $15. I'm sure it needs work.

20200309_142031.jpg

Oh it definitely needs work, but I bet it would be easy. I’m in the process of getting more patterns and I could always use a stronger machine. With my experience I believe I can measure and reference photos to make a lot of seats as well. I’m hoping to have someone let me loose on a seat and maybe others will be interested

Looks great I think you got a good deal

Your work looks great Dan, if I choose to not do my own seat covers I will contact you for sure.

the sewing center in my area has a guy that specializes in singer sewing machines,so you might try someone in your area,I think mine is a 1899 singer.

Pacer solo

Free spirit

Puch solo pleated(edited)

BA95D5AC-D908-4B0E-9652-702C908D6C00.jpeg
75D2051D-74E2-4808-A6B8-8CC5090B5306.jpeg
D1711E73-7F1B-4849-BF7B-3CB1C913A147.jpeg

I’m looking forward to installing those Free Spirit covers! The burgundy covers go on silver Free Spirits, and the brown one goes on a red.

I’m excited to see how they look on your bikes be sure to post photos!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account