Hello! First time post.

Claudio Izzi /

Last year I sold my electric bike because I wasn't riding it anymore, but last november I started exercising daily and eating right and getting my regular bike ready for spring for exercise. However I developed a strong interest for gas mopeds (not the new scooters you see all over the place), the ones like I see on pictures on this website.

I live in Montreal Canada area, is there any where I can buy a moped these days? one that really looks like a vintage moped or as close as possible?

Any info would be great, also I've never been on a moped in my life or a scooter.

I'm 44, 6'1, 236 LBS.

Thanks

Re: Hello! First time post.

Chris - Bedford Quarterkicks /

Your best bet if you want a vintage moped is to keep tabs on resell forums like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. I don't know if anyone is selling true mopeds in Canada anymore.

craigslist, facebook marketplace

Claudio Izzi /

if I buy a used one would it need to be registered? I live in quebec

Rick Bergsma /

> Claudio Izzi Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> if I buy a used one would it need to be registered? I live in quebec

Yes it would need to be registered .

Check Kijiji ads for a used moped.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I seem to remember chatting with Psyclomoteur Montreal members one time about riding in Montreal proper and they said it was fun, but it was common to get stopped to see reg/insurance, as a lot of these bikes are being ridden around unregged/insured.

You should check out their facebook group, I think it would be a better resource for this:

Psyclomoteur Montréal

Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace are my top two choices

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account