My 98 Tomos Targa

Yo I’m new to all of this but have a pretty good understanding of how these engines work. Anyone in here from Ohio? I’m up along the coast of Lake Erie by Cleveland. I was wondering if anyone local to my temps and humidity range has any idea what range I should be looking to upjet?

It’s all stock as far as I know. My biturbo pipe just came in as well as a new dellorto style 14:12 and performance filter. I ordered 4 jets, 57-60 based off what I saw on the spreadsheet from peeps with the same set up. I took the float bowl off the new carb and examined that jet and it looks to be a decent size bigger than the ones I ordered?

Hooking it all up tomorrow to see what I’m working with. Haven’t taken the old carb off yet So I have no idea how big the jet is thats on there now. Does anyone know how big the jet is that comes with these ? There is no number on the new one that came in the carb...

Re: My 98 Tomos Targa

Start with the largest jet and work down.

Ok so let me ask, typically, how big should these holes be? I was under the impression that the jet that came with the carb would be like a 52 or something around there from what I’ve gathered. All the 57-60 jet holes look so tiny compared to that one. I’m not doing anything to go above 50cc right now. Just exhaust, filter and new carb/bigger jet. Basically I’m just looking for someone local with a similar set up on a 35. You think I’ll have to go above 60?

The 57-60’s look like you could barely fit a skinny threading needle in them. Is that how small they are supposed to be? I’ve never fiddled around with jets before so I have no idea how big or small they are supposed to be.

Use a #58 jet for that setup. And by the way I'm from Cleveland's West Side right on Lake Erie

Thanks. I actually just put the new filter and the new pipe on, put a new plug in it and bam. I got a nice brown. I kind of figured I might not have to upjet at all considering my old plug was kind of rich to begin with.

I’m in Vermilion. My speedo reads out way past 40 now. I was pushing 32/33 stock. So I got a decent gain out of my upgrades. Got a bunch of extra jets now tho lol

Only problem I have now is it won’t idle. Starts up and goes good but once I come to a stop it just shuts off unless I give it a little gas while braking.

There is a flat head screw on your carburetor. Turn it clockwise a half turn. That should help it idle when you are stationary.(edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Need a different carb slide.

Just last night, east side of cleveland, late 90s a35 TTLX, biturbo and stock SHA, mesh filter. 61 nailed it.

Come down, PM me and we can trade phone number. we'll ride - we hang and fix stuff every tuesday, got a garage by asia town/CSU area

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Wow Will...

I imagine the wonderful smell of 2t and dim sum...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account