Gila on Tomos on garelli pipe suggestions

Another project in the mix..

My projects keep getting better and better and I love it...

Anyways I'm looking for an exhaust pipe to give me good performance but not break the wallet... I took the standard Gila kit and put it on the Tomos a55 with the jammer clutch and then I'm going to mount that engine on this garelli super sport...

Friend of mine recommended dos Cycles metrakit pipe... The price is perfect but I do not know anything about the performance...I don't mind modifying the pipe because either way I'll have to do that...

I do have a Estroil techno that is in good shape but I don't know if I want to run the Gila with it..

So recently, I have built a Tomos with the big port 80cc metrakit with the BK100 pipe

And that's badass...

And I'm not just saying that but it really is... I love that pipe... The performance on the bike is unbelievable... When I pull out into traffic just barely twisting that throttle it just goes.. if I twisted throttle too hard it just keeps pulling... It's so nasty and freaking awesome..so I am hearing a lot of good thing about the kranks pipe and I love to support small business and help them start but I may not be able to do that at this time but I'm in no rush...

Who knows maybe someone has a old school beast of a pipe that they ripped on and they're ready to sell it and it needs some TLC...

So I'm pretty open-minded about suggestions and thought I would see what anyone else has to say..

I'm posting a picture of the pipe I'm talking about below and I'm not sure of the dimensions and I don't know if it's angled but I know the price is right... Maybe I can hold off and post on the buy and sell forum and find a good used pipe there...

But for now I'll listen and read some suggestions and go from there...

Screenshot_20200312-163803.png
IMG_20200310_235223.jpg
IMG_20200306_170551.jpg

Re: Gila on Tomos on garelli pipe suggestions

the tomos estoril on a gila works really well, the puch estoril on a gila doesn't rev out past about 8500-9k

they are quiet and sturdy and if you gear tall and aren't trying to drag race it makes a really nice setup.

the crank pipes are really nice too, super solid, well worth the money. Ryan just made one for me but left the header all un-welded and un-panted so i can mount it up custom on my raceybike. They hit nice and low like the estoril but they just keep on revving to infinity... its really insane how fat and meaty the power is on them.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

A gila has the same exhaust port angle as a stock A55 tomos cylinder, so dimensionally an A55 designed pipe would likely be a better place to start, if you were looking for something off the shelf. As far as Crank pipes, he may have difficulty making a pipe that would be a direct bolt-on, because your engine/frame setup is non standard. Maybe if you get him extremely accurate measurements? I think he uses actual bikes for design and fitment though.

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A gila has the same exhaust port angle as a stock A55 tomos cylinder, so

> dimensionally an A55 designed pipe would likely be a better place to

> start, if you were looking for something off the shelf. As far as Crank

> pipes, he may have difficulty making a pipe that would be a direct

> bolt-on, because your engine/frame setup is non standard. Maybe if you

> get him extremely accurate measurements? I think he uses actual bikes

> for design and fitment though.

Thank you very much and I appreciate it...

This metrakit pipe in the picture is what I was wondering about and if anyone had any experience using it.. do you know anybody who has used this pipe Brandon?

Here's a picture of my other tomos with the Puch 80cc big port metrakit on it... Also I put a picture of the pipe I have sitting on the shelf at home...

does that pipe have a restrictor in it because treats used to have something saying it did but I never opened it...

I definitely have that baffle on my pipe and the version 2 doesn't have that baffle so it would have to be that version 1... Do you think I can run that pipe on the setup with the Gila..

I know I'm going to have to bend that flange and it's pretty tough but I'm wondering if I could use a spacer...

I'd be able to cut a piece of aluminum slice it like a piece of cheese after I get the measurement and put a hole in it...

Thanks man

IMG_20200307_200649.jpg
IMG_20200307_193813.jpg
Screenshot_20200313-103558.png

Dirty30 Dillon /

All that money on the motor, you shouldn't skimp on the pipe.

Buy a decent scooter pipe and watch it basically dump on the majority of moped pipes.

Or, buy the Crank pipe. I have heard very good things about them and the price is killer for a handmade pipe

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> All that money on the motor, you shouldn't skimp on the pipe.

>

> Buy a decent scooter pipe and watch it basically dump on the majority of

> moped pipes.

>

> Or, buy the Crank pipe. I have heard very good things about them and the

> price is killer for a handmade pipe

I want to get a nice pipe...

I got some pretty good deals buying used stuff to put these motors together....

so I can afford to get a nice pipe but I already have the BK 100...

I want something else so what I'll do now since you are the second person that said by a scooter pipe...

I'll go by scooter pipe then...

No just figure it out from there...

I appreciate it

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> the tomos estoril on a gila works really well, the puch estoril on a

> gila doesn't rev out past about 8500-9k

>

> they are quiet and sturdy and if you gear tall and aren't trying to drag

> race it makes a really nice setup.

>

> the crank pipes are really nice too, super solid, well worth the money.

> Ryan just made one for me but left the header all un-welded and

> un-panted so i can mount it up custom on my raceybike. They hit nice

> and low like the estoril but they just keep on revving to infinity...

> its really insane how fat and meaty the power is on them.

How do I get a hold of Ryan...?

For the time being I can just swap pipes with my other bike..

So I wouldn't be in a big hurry but I'm going to go ahead and Google it and see if I can find out how to get a hold of him maybe Facebook...

Thank you

Dirty30 Dillon /

> J Dubbs Wrote:

> How do I get a hold of Ryan...?

https://www.mopedarmy.com/branches/creamcitycranks/ryango/

Just message him on here

Gila with an estoril is great.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account