Re: Quarantine Dayz

4013536F-5FFD-4028-BE40-077A41ED500B.jpeg

Ordered the wrong thread nut from Treats....got the right one now. It is now fin. And 4 Sail! Came out pretty nice from a dirty pile!

I rebuilt the motor on this little potato the other day. It’s not happy but we will work out our problems. It’s supposed the look like that!

3843FD99-2805-4448-ADFF-8D3B89E756FA.jpeg

Luke Stroehlein /

I think my e50 setup is lookin mean. I'm excited to get this bike on the road

20200429_122812.jpg
20200429_122804.jpg

At least something good came out of the "lockdown", went for a 60mile test ride yesterday and everything seem to be holding up.

IMG_20200509_151415.jpg
IMG_20200509_160308.jpg

That is Awesome!

I was working on my Dumb Hobbit today. Trying to Fab up a new seat.

Finished painting the farings for the MBK. Still have to wet sand and clear :/

I’ll post some dumb pics later.

Been babying it for break in. Speedo is about 10kph off. But gps looks encouraging. With my gearing, thats less than 9000rpm. Plenty of room for improvement.

81DF20D0-23FA-4C34-B180-C23289F89A86.png

Ugh, looks like I have to do a rebuild since my crank is done for. The tapers worn to hell on the flywheel side, seals are cracked and making their way out of the case, who knows what it looks like inside. Not that big of an issue, just kind of annoyed at it and myself because I should have just rebuilt the fucking thing anyway. $225 isn't a lot of money at all, but when you're on constant brokeboi status it kind of sucks.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Finally got some good results on my big wheel ciao (Kinetic Soni 2)

IMG_20200511_193311.jpg

And started getting the DirtCross 3 Ciao chassis built.

IMG_20200511_203746.jpg

Cristian Luna /

😍I’ve always wanted a 19 inch wheel ciao

Damn dude! That is sweeeeet!

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Had to split this M4/P4 engine to replace a spun crank bearing and bore it out for a 48mm parmakit. I love having my little benchtop parts washer, $60 and filled with a few gallons of mineral spirits.

20200507_222020.jpg
20200510_104400.jpg
20200510_130650.jpg

D7A0FE60-1B44-4395-BCAE-7A18F8F5DC98.jpeg
0B06424D-EF09-4A9C-B186-0DB14FC3D780.jpeg

So I finally made the seat on my Bosozoku hobbit the correct length I always wanted it to be. When I built this bike I made it in pieces and never had the size of stuff right. Now I need to make a new seat.

Getting some little duders ready for Memorial Day weekend

Fun times helping kids have fun times

Those LT80s are virtually indestructible and a lot of parts still available

Polaris stuff is pretty whack but easy to diag and work on

The JR is the most anemic bike but great for a starter

E793D5D2-7283-47DE-96BA-14194F08DDBB.jpeg

Hey Solex dudes. I’m about ready to fire up my Solex (finally), just need to find a bolt for my intake (this thing was missing half it’s hardware, so I’m cobbling it together with whatever I can find in my spare bits, but don’t have anything quite the right size). My wiring was tore up so I need to start fresh. Wiring for spark, is it just the gray wire to kill switch and ground the 2 black wires? I don’t have brake switches or horn, so I’ll just be doing a simplified hardwire.

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hey Solex dudes. I’m about ready to fire up my Solex (finally), just

> need to find a bolt for my intake (this thing was missing half it’s

> hardware, so I’m cobbling it together with whatever I can find in my

> spare bits, but don’t have anything quite the right size). My wiring was

> tore up so I need to start fresh. Wiring for spark, is it just the gray

> wire to kill switch and ground the 2 black wires? I don’t have brake

> switches or horn, so I’ll just be doing a simplified hardwire.

The gray wire from the stator goes to the engine kill switch, which grounds the wire to the handlebars to kill the spark.

The black wire from the stator with the small male tab connector feeds power to the brake light switches. It comes from the brake light coil.

The black wire from the stator with the large male bullet connector feeds power to the horn and light switch. It comes from the lighting coil.

4600V2wiringdiagram+.jpg

I have photos and details on these three pages that might help you:

https://velosolex4600.blogspot.com/p/4600-v2-details.html

https://velosolex4600.blogspot.com/p/4600-v3-details.html

https://velosolex4600.blogspot.com/p/4600-v2-v3-technical-info-and-specs.html

You can put tape on the ends of all three wires coming from the stator...none are needed for spark.

Make sure the gray wire is not touching anything metal or else it will kill the spark.

Do not ground the two black wires.

Thanks Brian. My problem is all 3 were snipped so I’m not sure which black wire is which. I do have spark I found out earlier and it sounds surprisingly healthy when it turns over.

It’s missing a ton of parts, like the horn and all the switches, an intake bolt and the fuel line, then I have to figure out the cables and should be done finally. This project is taking me way too long, but I’ve been finding it hard to focus on.

Bullshit this year's been basically cancelled. I wanted to hit up some rallies this summer. What the fuck am I supposed to do now? Something productive?

Good thread mines not done but it’s been coming together

9D87E283-564B-463F-9E89-6FBF92A6A111.jpeg
204EB5EA-7CD2-4273-AD51-1D52BD00A635.jpeg
AE30A294-2257-426C-B945-330B59EBBA20.jpeg

On its way!

Started messing with this...

057CACA5-FCFD-4543-88B9-D95F13B38B22.jpeg

Going on aSafari. Always wanted one after I saw Sabats at White Line in like 2012? Ya Idk. Been on my list. Figuring stuff out. Probably be done in fall. Using a old fan-less V1 and one of those fancy spacer Maitland made. 50cc TCCD Kit. Estoril and probably a PHBG 19? Idk still working things out. Using this frame.

C46D1C7E-F7BC-4426-B06E-6ED07D73E1ED.jpeg

Got new forks and rims. Going to use some odd ball beach bars.

0CB6D4AE-A3F4-47B3-8C0E-1D37A2C44405.jpeg

Dang boat has been holding me up. Had to put all new seals in the foot. It was losing drive oil. It was bad seals.... put a new impeller in too. Probably build the motor for the ketchup and mustard this week since potato finished hitting the faring with the clear.

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Brian. My problem is all 3 were snipped so I’m not sure which

> black wire is which. I do have spark I found out earlier and it sounds

> surprisingly healthy when it turns over.

>

> It’s missing a ton of parts, like the horn and all the switches, an

> intake bolt and the fuel line, then I have to figure out the cables and

> should be done finally. This project is taking me way too long, but I’ve

> been finding it hard to focus on.

OK, then just put a piece of electrical tape over the end of each wire. You don't need any connected or grounded to get spark.

Keep me updated, and let me know how I can help you.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account