roadaster value and more info. Sell/fix?

I have a Roadmaster XL Deluxe that I am unsure to sell it or make it run again. Any suggestions?

It’s all still original to my knowledge.

In Fair shape:

-Tires hold air

-Plastic pieces aren’t cracked but color faded

-Rust on some of the chrome

-Brakes work

-It freely rolls but missing the lever that picks the engine off the back tire

-good chain

-original seat isn’t rotted or cracked

-clean gas tank

-new spark plug

-might need to wire harness (still have orig)

-might need new carburetor (still have orig but cleaned it)

Suggestions or inquiries welcome please.

Thanks

39E2E03E-6F8D-4D4F-8DEC-0DF10F8EC9F8.jpeg
2BB983F6-37A7-4412-A3FB-7A75CFB7A9DC.jpeg

Re: roadaster value and more info. Sell/fix?

Too bad you aren't closer to Ohio, I have a parts bike I could stand to get rid of.

That bike is the laughing stock of mopeds. I got one as more of a novelty, just to say I have one of the cheapest mopeds out there. Still, it's tough to toss any moped away. Keep it, fix it up, and tell everyone you drive a Harley, as AMF owned Harley Davison during that period.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That bike is the laughing stock of mopeds.

This is sadly the truth. I try to be realistic about moped prices but the true value of that is between $50-$100. List it on Craigslist for $100. Do not put in any money into it for resale purposes, you will not make any of that back.

Hah thanks. I bought it as a random project during college. I quickly learned I should have put that $250 towards boos instead.

Hey, just put enough into it to getting it running. You can come up with a home made lever.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I quickly learned I should have put that $250 towards boos instead.

Ouch, yeah im sorry... Ive owned a few of these and they just dont have a following. Then you randomly get a guy that thinks because it says AMF its worth gold but they just arent. I had a red one that someone gave me, then i found one just like yours i got for $35. I had another one years back but i dont remember much about it. You at-least have the nicer model.

Now with that being said, you already own it. If you just like it than fix it up and ride it around. Atleast get some enjoyment out of it.

before you go wasting money on it, check for spark. The CDI module on those are notorious, as are the stators. They can both be had, but prepare for almost a C note to get both new. The hndles an be had, they made lots of these and although yours is the rarst model, the handles were all the same

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account