Can you tell Me anything about a Lambretta?

Freebee Lambretta moped was told an 80 something. Just looking for info thanks in advance.

lambretta.jpg
lambretta2.jpg
lambretta3.jpg

(edited)

Re: Can you tell Me anything about a Lambretta?

lambretta4.jpg

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Looks like a sears free spirit to me.

its a murray, a US assembled licensed copy of a puch free spirit, uses the ubiquitous e50 puch engine and most parts are compatable but some of the parts were made in the USA and assembled/sold by the murray lawnmower, bike, swingset, etc mfg company.

the lambretta sticker must have been added at some point.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

its a murray, a US assembled licensed copy of a puch free spirit, uses the ubiquitous e50 puch engine and most parts are compatable but some of the parts were made in the USA and assembled/sold by the murray lawnmower, bike, swingset, etc mfg company.

the lambretta sticker must have been added at some point.

This is 100% fact. Its a Murray, which is a good moped. That should have a stock 14mm carb on it with a 2hp cylinder. Will make a good running stocker.

Dirty30 Dillon /

That's really odd. I have done a bunch of research into Lambretta's offering in the States, and while they did produce traditional mopeds in addition to the hard-body scoots, I have never seen a re-badged Puch sold as Lambretta. That said, the sticker looks pretty factory/original.

I would be interested to know if Innocenti bought some of these for test sales in the US. Would be easier to tell if there was some better photos of the badging.

But at it's core, it is a Puch

> Tate G Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

woah... mind blown. i was thinking those stickers look pretty legit... its crazy they didn't even change the colorway

i also think that especially back in the day, US import companies pulled shenanigans, like some guy at the lambretta US importer is like 'woah mopeds are kicking our ass' so he calls around and finds someone to sell him a container of murrays, he puts a different sticker on them, and sends them out to his lambretta dealerships and the guys back in italy don't know the difference because they are a very long boat ride, letter with a polariod enclosed, or expensive airplane flight away from ever hearing/seeing about it. world was a much bigger place back then.

That's pretty cool, unfortunately for you though it's not worth much more than any other Murray. They're good bikes though

Pushrod Fifty /

Good score.

what the fuck happened to that pipe?!

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> what the fuck happened to that pipe?!

Mooshed up pocket bike pipe

Looks like a regular murray tank decal that someone stuck another Lambretta decal on top of, most likely because the colors happened to mostly match up

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> Looks like a regular murray tank decal that someone stuck another

> Lambretta decal on top of, most likely because the colors happened to

> mostly match up

Read that thread up there, there have been others found like this. Some Lambretta dealer somewhere probably sold off a handful of these

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

That lambretta decal also threw me off. It looked legit even though I knew it couldn’t be.

Tate beat me to it, knew I’d seen this come up before. I’d love to find some info on this, like what rogue lammy shop owner was like “fuck it I’ll just slap some lambretta stickers on these Puchs because they sell well”(edited)

I thought Lambretta was a tv show in the 70's starring Robert Blake and a cockatoo named "Fred"

There's a few here in Seattle. I have one.

Far as I can tell they all came from Ohio.

I am sitting across the table from Brendan and I also have one. They appear to have been made in Ohio other than the motor and possibly the controls.

Fallen Amish ~Yoder~ /

I bought one like it from former Yeti’s member. It’s a Murray.

There was a lot of rebadging going on in the late 70s as people saw a way to make a quick buck before the craze petered out. I mean look at Scorpion mopeds. American company puts its stickers on an Italian Morini Franco moped manufactured in England by Norton-Triumph under license.

Doubt it says lambretta on the vin plate on the frame.

I think some Murray’s were made in Ohio, but there was a Murray plant that built mopeds in Tennessee as well. I’ve met a couple older dudes that worked there back in the day. I have a puch series b that came from there branded as a Murray instead of puch, still not as weird as the lambretta though! Also bought a super mint blue Murray with 12 miles from one of the dudes I met that worked there but ended up trading it for a Subaru brat!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account