Oh man. Wrenched all day. Got the seat sorted out and all the bits and pieces put back on. Only a few things I am still waiting on. My temp gauge needs a new wire. On order. And I also have a housing for the temp gauge that fits in the headlight speedo hole.
I also need to mount my tail lights and run the electrical. I hate electrical shit. I need to draw it out so I can wrap my head around it a bit more. I have all LED on a 12v cdi. I have a regulator and a kill switch I need to put in the mix.
I think I can figure it all out but there could be a wiring help post un the repair forum soon. Ha!
I know I did not focus on the engine bits as much on this build but I was doing more work on making the bike I wanted to ride. I can always dive back into engine bits later. I also have a second engine that I could do all the breakdown and rebuild on. I need to do some measuring to see if I can replace clutch and crank parts easily. I know when I put the cyl on I had a lot of clearance at BDC from the top of the piston to the bottom of the exhaust port so I know that can get opened up some. The top of the piston is flush with the top of the cyl at TDC so I know the shimming is good.