Rebuilt the e50...
Tccd 70cc piston port kit
Mlm ninja straight pipe
Reused the shims from the stock crank. Now the starting plate is always engaged.
Today I am sanding shims. I dont feel like I would need more than 1mm shaved between the two shims. I may even only need to do the one inside the cluch bell. It is a pretty thick shim.
It may only be that the new crank, the hole at the end of the shaft on the clutch side is a touch too tight to allow the starting plate to move in and out as it should. The pin did feel a touch tight going in now that I think about it.
The only part of this engine that I am not too keen on is that a mounting bolt fused into the engine and I can not get it free. It almost looks like the engine was not perfectly aligned with the mounting holes on the frame and they turned that bolt to get it all the way thru and ended up threading it into the aluminum case just a little, so now that the fused in there they wont slide out. So now I only have two mounting bolts, but the two that are on are the front top, and the bottom so I feel like there is not going to be a weird pivot point since the bolts still evenly distribute the torque like this. Yeah not ideal at all but this is just a place holder engine until I can either get the za50 going or the one that I was originally trying to get on here.
In good news before I figured out the clutch issue I did get the bike started. So that is a huge win for me as it is. Started super easy so I am excited to hopefully get it moving around today!