I ended up swapping over the 16sha I to the bike. Took a little effort to get the throttle assembly I am using g to work with the sha, but I fabricated up the right size bendy for the carb top plate and it works as it should. The carb wants a rather large jet, I'm at an 82 right now with it looking a touch rich on plug chops.
Issue I am running into is that once the bike warms up it gets super sluggish. Just does not want to move. I was going over things to see and it does not seem like any of the engine pieces are holding it back. The only part that seems like it is not quite right is the rear wheel.
I rebuilt the wheels with sealed bearing and I thought I had all the pieces in correctly but I might have something binding up inside. It got too hot this afternoon so i will remove the rear wheel and inspect it tomorrow when i have a chance while it is under 100.
The bike seems to like the sha a little better i am able to ride the bike a little better and the temps are holding nicely near 350. Granted i have not been able to take it for much more than a mile at a time since the rear wheel is fighting things. I'm hoping i can get that figured out without having to buy a new set. The spokes look pretty great on this build.