tomos a35 transmission: 2nd gear replacement

looking for some help...

I am trying to replace my 2nd gear in my a35 trans. I dissembled most of the parts, but I am at a wall when it comes to removing the 2nd gear so I can replace it with the replacement gear. hoping some of the brains on here can help me out. thanks for the time, peace.

IMG_5955.JPG
IMG_5956.JPG
IMG_5957.JPG

Re: tomos a35 transmission: 2nd gear replacement

If that’s the only damage on the whole 2nd gear, I’d run it. That’s not too bad at all

I already have a new second gear. I would rather not push it, fix the small shit on the tomos before it leads up to a big headache mentality. would you happen to know how to get it off

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Vise heat gear plate wedge wood. Or careful use two comically large flathead screw drivers to it. Putting that end nut back on its 52 newtons it's like crazy footpounds like 160. Do the table.

dude. if you're not trying to go down that path I'll just send a good complete one if you pay the shipping. just message me.

already fixed, thanks anyways though homie!

appreciate the help from everyone

it might be helpful to say how you removed it for future reference.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pat two comicly large screwdrivers and heat table vice.

yeah, i usually just try to get that whole assembly...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I know a car transmission guy show me how to do the dealio . heat first and when putting together use a sturdy locked down bench and vise. Long ass breaker on a big boy torque wrench 52 newtons ain't tiny.

Think i used a 2 jaw pulley puller.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account