Bad Seller Alert!!! Robert Brinson IV

Beware! I don’t know if he’s been on here yet, but I bought a “running” za50, and a bunch of other parts, on Facebook group Lovers of Puch Mopeds.

189350D1-04B4-46AB-844F-CB13687D5F94.jpeg

Here’s what I got:

30C96B79-4AFD-4449-A583-3C7D1C6AFA70.jpeg
D7D603B8-1867-4FE0-9655-56FAC7556B7F.jpeg

Re: Bad Seller Alert!!! Robert Brinson IV

Yikes

That is exactly how it arrived. Cases split, studs busted, cases gouged, crank destroyed, no top end, etc etc etc.

I bought everything pictured, mind you. Offered him one money for everything shipped. All I got was a destroyed bottom end. Paid PayPal goods and services; dispute started.

53B76140-7B50-4035-9909-598636BEDF3A.jpeg
3DAB2621-3AE1-40A7-A185-7183ACB4E89D.jpeg

Those four tranny cover screws were the only things holding it together. I smacked it with a mallet and it fell to pieces.

Jeremy Homser /

That sucks! How is that "fully functional"

Just wanted to warn all of you. Keep your eyes open for this POS. I’ll ad him to the bad sellers list, if I can figure it out.

Pushrod Fifty /

Its seen it's share of hackers.

I have a good crank if you need one, it’s the smaller bush for the bell, it’s yours just pay ship if you need it

Maybe he mixed up his packages and meant to send that ZA to his Ex

Bro, I will send you every spare part I have for a za.... I think I have gaskets, seals, bearings, shift pucks... maybe a few more. Just help me with the shipping. P.M. me.

River, Jay, Thanks! you guys are awesome! I’ll message you. I’m amazed at your generosity! And very grateful and humbled.

I really love the moped community.

This was a very pleasant thread, good job helping a dude out MA!

> Toledo Riot Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This was a very pleasant thread, good job helping a dude out MA!

For real! Y’all turned my first shitty transaction into a blessing, and helped me maintain some faith in humanity.

Love you guys!

Man, the shittiest thing about this is I know that guy’s loaded. Techie who bought a brand new onyx when paying a homebum to work on his bikes didn’t gain him any respect in the scene (shocker). Sorry dude but glad someone’s giving ya the homie hookup.

fake gang, bad seller, bum deal

Well he is at it again.. nothing but lies. I watched him purposely run his buddy off the road because he had a faster puch and he was pissed, only time I seen him show up to a moped Monday too. Dude sucks a fat one.

B935DE42-CB1F-4BEE-A43B-237A88EEAA77.png
75743308-0E9C-4750-AA6E-B5E19AFAEA43.png

dude should move to seattle and open a shop

Poor forks

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> dude should move to seattle and open a shop

ah fuck, that made me laugh.

Also, there's something to be said for giving yourself a bad name, when your are "the IV." Because in doing so, you inadvertently alter everyone's opinion on the other three dillweeds.

F4A4C662-0FD8-4F36-A228-6A183557200B.png

Can’t forget this classic!!

Also the pic where he’s cutting the hydros up, I’m pretty sure that’s the Za50 he sold to the dude... (edited)

He changed his name to Rob Laurie on Face Book.

So look for those posts

Rob Laurie AKA Rob Brinson

It took until yesterday to get my PayPal refund settled. PayPal made me ship the motor back to him at my expense, but at least I got my $$ back.

I still want a ZA for one of my Free Spirits though.

> Seth B Wrote:

> PayPal made me ship the motor back to him at my expense, but at least I got my $$ back.

I hope you crammed in a medium flat rate with no padding and a free packet of ranch dressing for him.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I would have taken all the useful bits out and sent back just the mangled carcass. You know, as collateral for the return shipping cost. Such bullshit.

I once bought something from a website that ended up being a scam site, only $50...i ordered a tool and got a pair of knockoff sunglasses. Called PayPal, they said the seller offered a 75% refund and I keep the glasses, or they could get me my money back but only if I returned the item at my expense, which would have cost about the same as what I'd lose in the partial refund. So, basically a fait accompli. I argued with the PayPal representative, asking why the hell they allow scam sites to use their services for payment, and she started going off on me about how Americans are spoiled? Working in the online retail industry I do indeed see tons of stuff returned for such silly reasons, brand new product opened and returned for no good reason at all...so there's that, but i got scammed man. Made my blood boil.

> iskra chornia Wrote:

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > PayPal made me ship the motor back to him at my expense, but at least

> I got my $$ back.

>

> I hope you crammed in a medium flat rate with no padding and a free

> packet of ranch dressing for him.

Man, I wanted to. But I try to “do unto others...”, so I did the right thing and packed it nicely, with packing material. I didn’t “Rob” it for parts, either. That’s his name and game. I was tempted with that one too, but what goes around comes around.

But a ZA bottom end does fit in a medium box, at an angle. Even leaves room for wads of whatever dressing you choose

I work with army engineers. Not a selling point.

I was wondering about that one as well.

I’m not gonna insult the army. Don’t take it that way. But I thought their engineers were deciding how many sand bags it takes to patch a dam or how much explosives to blow a dam up.

Probably folks with a good head on their shoulders and common sense. But not really trained or qualified in 2 stoke tuning.

It would make more sense to just say how many years his mechanic has at tuning mopeds or motorcycles.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> I was wondering about that one as well.

>

> I’m not gonna insult the army. Don’t take it that way. But I thought

> their engineers were deciding how many sand bags it takes to patch a dam

> or how much explosives to blow a dam up.

>

> Probably folks with a good head on their shoulders and common sense. But

> not really trained or qualified in 2 stoke tuning.

>

> It would make more sense to just say how many years his mechanic has at

> tuning mopeds or motorcycles.

I thought the army invented mopeds. And every new enlistee, gets a moped to ride around on base? I may have been mislead.

I should have joined the Army then.

I joined the Air Force and was issued a desk.

> Papa _ Wrote:

>

> I joined the Air Force and was issued a desk.

Me too , but , my duty had to do with a Univac 1050-II . ;)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account