1978 Carabela Moto Matic rust pile

Just picked this up for cheap. Mostly complete, missing floor boards and whoever took it apart lost all the hardware, so that blows, but it's cool and crusty, and the motor isn't locked, so that's a plus.

IMG_20200519_171715.jpg
IMG_20200519_171753.jpg

Re: 1978 Carabela Moto Matic rust pile

Mexican V1 with alloy fan cover, and cool alloy fan. Never saw that before.

IMG_20200519_175359.jpg

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

wait till u see the transfers

I kinda like that rusty red color . ;)

oooooOOOOOooooooo

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

"patina"

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

Another great find...you are on a roll!

Can't get this bitch to start. Cleaned and checked all stator coil wiring, cleaned mag, new points and condenser, tried external condenser, swapped ignition coils, plugs, cleaned grounds...

I'm wiring it straight to the coil so no harness problems.

Friggen nothing.

Nevermind. Hooked up a 12v triumph coil and got enough spark to kill a deathrow inmate.

Now I got fuel problems...

Bigger jet, fired right up. Now I can put all the rust back on it. And order some tires...

If you’re serious about keeping the rust finish, you can look up some stuff on browning process.

I’ve used it on a black powder gun build. Just rust, smoothing it out, rust, etc until there’s a solid smooth surface layer. Then oil the hell out of it.

You can... probably skip the first steps. Looks like a pretty even layer of oxidation there.

It's more oxidation than rust. Spots I got greasy turn red if I rub them out (phrasing...)

I'm gonna get rid of the fart box and build a pipe for it, chop the bars and weld them into Clubmans, and I might add a top tube. I've got a bunch of 30mm pipe.

Just ordered some cool tires from the UK. Chambrier ribbed whitewalls.

As far as rusting stuff goes, I use hydrogen peroxide and salt in a spray bottle on bare steel. Instant rust while you watch. I'm pretty good at the fauxtina thing.

Screenshot_20200522-062737.png

Speaking of rust fauxtina, this is a 1941 western flyer tall tank I had a while back. Sandblasted every thing to bare metal, hydrogen peroxide and salted it, painted it, chipped it up, and made it look old. Good enough to fool most hardcore collectors. Not that I would, I just wanted to experiment with painting.

20160524_115707.jpg
20160523_113621.jpg

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm gonna get rid of the fart box and build a pipe for it, chop the bars

> and weld them into Clubmans...

$10 for ‘fart box’...let’s make a deal!

Done and running.

Custom floorboards, Brooks saddle, chopped down bars, everything works. Gonna go on a liquor store run to see how well it rides.

Emil Kniemel /

That engine rail guard thing is sick

nice to see a rusty dead ped runnin sweet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account