What do I have

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some help from the people in the know. I bought a moped in spain as I have a little down time (lockdown) during which I hope to restore her to her former glory. It unfortunately has no papers and I cant find any markings to tell me what the make and model are. From the pictures provided could anyone tell me roughly the make and model? I can take more photos or videos if that would help.

Thank you in advance for any and all help,

Thom

Moby.jpg
Moby 1.jpg
Moby 2.jpg

Re: What do I have

What you have is a lot of work ahead of you. I’m not sure, but the variator/motor looks like Motobecane, but I don’t recognize the frame. Someone will know for sure.

WOW, if the engine still turns over that would way past cool all restored.

Raleigh or Motobecane is my guess, I imagine engine is locked, no exhaust, no carb and no plug....sad state, but things were made well back then, if you get it Id'd there is a good chance you can redo it...if you have the time and patience, no id plate on the head-tube?

Overpriced Parts /

You have what/It will make What “Arry” the Diesel Says @ 1.33 in

"BYE BYE STEPNEY!"

lol, thats great

Looks like a Raleigh RM with a Wisp tank/canister...hmmmm

Actually, the rear triangle is not quite right for Raleigh, so nevermind. 😬(edited)

Peugeot BB1 without the original tank maybe?(edited)

I think you’re right, looking at pictures there are similarities. Shame the makers plate isn’t where it should be ha.

It looks very similar to this one......

3uusm1.jpg

Handsome cycle. It is certainly not a Motobecane, Motoconfort, Peugeot or Terrot

Could be a small provinciale cyclomoteurs is without the body panels it could be a number of the localized products like Mercier or Automoto, etc. By the mid 1950s just about each province in France had a cycle producer fabricating their own brand of cyclomoteurs using parts supplied by the major manufacturers.

Chris Carleton /

Get some prep h its gonna hurt.

Hi guys,

thank you very much for the help so far, after the removal and initial clean I have found these markings on the engine and Magneto. Again no expert here so sorry if i sound dumb but the logo and GAC suggest this is a motobecane engine? Were these engines consistant throughout and then different bike manufacturers made the bikes or would this suggest I have some form of Motobecane bike with obvious panels missing.

Cheers,

Moby eng 2.jpg
Moby magneto 1.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account