Puch maxi No spark

Daniel San Julian /

So ive just rebuilt my carb and put it back onto my maxi, and the engine is getting gas however I have no spark. When i first started testing this moped i was getting a tiny bit of spark when i hand turned the flywheel but it wasnt every time and wasnt super great however it was there. now I get nothing and have no clue whats wrong. ive searched alot of threads with this problem and tried disconnecting the horn, as well as the brown ground connection on the ignition coil but neither seemed to do much. Anyone have any solutions it would be much appreciated. (also i forgot to mention i do have a new spark plug and tried that too but nothing)

Re: Puch maxi No spark

chris eichhorn /

you need to connect both horn wires together. you dont get a damn spark hand turning the flywheel. read freds guide or find someone that can help you. the brown wire cannot be disconnected. clean/set point gap, grease lobe make sure on off wires in switch r connected. simple stupid motor is usually very forgiving. change clutch oil

Would someone put "Puch maxi No spark" in those exact words in the Wiki? In fact, "Puch maxi No spark" ought to be the title of this site. Bypass the horn switch?

File the points

If you haven't seen it check out this wiring diagram, it's been very helpful to me in the past

https://www.mopedarmy.com/w/images/1/1a/1977_Puch_Maxi_Wiring_Diagram.pdf

Usually if something doesn't work on my bike it's a loose or disconnected ground, so I'd check all of those to see if they're secure. You do need the horn circuit to work and on both my Maxis I just have those wired connected.

Daniel San Julian /

Thank you all, I will try the horn wiring and see how that works next

Double check the wiring and function of your kill switch. That wiring on the frontend of any Maxi musta caused plenty of problems for shop guys back in the day. Found a bunch of dumb “fixes” on my garage find survivor. Make a proper wiring harness your friend and test friggin everything! Oh, and get new bulbs!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account